|| CHAPTER-18 ||

"You sure about this, Jungkook?" Namjoon asks as he holds the white envelope handed over by Jungkook

"I am sure, sir!" Jungkook voices out and salutes Namjoon as a part of respect for his senior.

"Do you remember how we met?" Namjoon asked as he placed the envelope over his desk.

"I will never forget that, sir! You have always been a brick of strength to me since then," Jungkook answered formally.

It was a year back when Jungkook was caught by the officers on their way to the investigation room that Namjoon interrupted them.

He was a thief and above all a perfectionist at unlocking the vaults. It took the officers a long time to trace him and put him behind the bars. Namjoon was still a rookie back then. He wasn't the superintendent of the Base Station yet.

It was a slow-growing headquarters that was secretly designed for the safety of the country. It was still improvising its methods and Namjoon was on a mission to find reliable and talented members to work as agents under him.

That's the first time Namjoon found Jungkook and he did everything in his power to take the man under his custody and use him for his tasks.

It was a plain one on one deal then.

But now it was much more than just a boss and a worker.

"I will give you some time off. You can have the time to relax and rejuvenate. I will be holding onto your resignation and it shall not pass. I would like to have you back when the time is right." Namjoon addressed and signalled Jungkook to leave.

"But-"

"I said leave, Agent Juliet!"

Jungkook sighed and stepped out of the room. He bumped into someone on his way out, "I am sorry, I didn't see-"

Yoongi gave him a blank expression and a nod before excusing himself into Namjoon's office.

It hurt Jungkook to know that his Yoongi was ignoring him. It pained to know that the man wouldn't come cussing at him the next time he messes things up or drops himself into a bowl of trouble.

Because Yoongi was a man of words.

He does what he puts forth. This temperament of Yoongi pushed Taehyung further away.

Jungkook fought back the urge to just go back on his words and hug Yoongi. Instead, he just walked straight out of the headquarters.
____

Knock! Knock!

"Yes, come in!"

"Are you letting him be?" Yoongi asked.

"Who said that?" Namjoon perked an eyebrow.

"Then why...?"

"There's a saying which speaks 'keep your friends close and enemies closer. I want you to install cameras around Jungkook's house and also put a person on his tail."

"You want me to stalk Jungkook?"

"No! I want you to stalk Agent Juliet," Namjoon stressed over the last words and headed out of the door to answer an important call.

Does he think Jungkook's a threat? Yoongi shrugged his thoughts and got back to his work.

______

"Kook, what is love?" Jimin asked as he stuffed two pancakes into his mouth and swayed his legs back and forth.

It had been a few months since Jungkook asked for a leave and here he was cooking breakfast and feeding Jimin.

It wasn't that hard to connect to Jimin.

It just felt so natural around him. He could stay up all night listening to the boy babble about the neighbours and their moans.

It always brought a smile to his face.

"Why do you want to know about that?" Jungkook lifted his plate and walked over to Jimin's side and sat beside him.

"There is a boy in the drama who confesses his love to a girl. But she kicks him in his balls and leaves."

Jungkook snorts, " I am sorry, I didn't mean to but why are you watching such shitty dramas?"

"Is confessing love to someone means asking them to stay with you?"

"Hmm, sort of," Jungkook answers as he dives another pancake into his mouth.

"Then I love you, Kook!" Jimin smiled widely and rested his head sideways over his elbow and faced Jungkook.

Jungkook almost choked over the pancake, "W...What?"

"If love means to keep someone by your side. Then I would like to love you all my life." Jimin explained and leaned forwards to push a few bangs over Jungkook's forehead to the side.

"Mi...Mimi, what are you doing?"

"Would you trust me till the end?" Jimin asked as he closed his lids and touched his nose against Jungkook's.

Jungkook didn't know what that meant but simply nodded a 'yes' and pulled the boy into a hug.

A/n:- Aiyeee, my heart is going whoop whoop for jikook!!

Also, Is Jungkook also a traitor? Then why is Namjoon calling him an enemy?

Hope you liked the chapter!!

Love you guys

Maddie🙂❤