|| CHAPTER-2 ||

Knock! Knock!

Knock! Knock!

"Now, who's it?"

"It's Yoongi. May I come in?"

"I know why you are here and the answer to that is no. N dot O, No!"

"But I didn't say anything yet"

"He's working under you and that's final, Yoongi. And don't give me threats of resigning and shit, I am past all that. Now go and get down to tracking Jimin," Namjoon ordered and leaned back against his chair with his elbow covering his eyes.

Yoongi sighed and stepped toward the superintendent. He took a glass and filled it with some water from the filter at the corner of the room close to Namjoon's chair and slid it over the table towards him.

"You should take some rest," Yoongi said.

"Nothing works here without me and above that Jungkook is out there. I just want to keep everything sorted out before he returns." Namjoon spoke and leaned forward to chug down the water in one go. He scrunched his face as his head throbbed with pain.

"Just rest for a few hours. I will take the charge for today. Okay?" Yoongi asked softly and poured another glass.

"The Yoongi I know doesn't offer help without his benefit in it. What is it that you are planning?"

"You are one such smart ass bitch! I am going to fire that kid with the power. Any problem?" Yoongi uttered and stood stiff.

"I knew it! And no, I can handle stuff. So better get back and start to work with him. You get that?"

"Fine!" Yoongi groaned and turned to leave.

"And one more thing,"

"What?"

"If ever something does happen to me, I want you to take the charge. You are my most reliable man, here." Namjoon spoke with utter seriousness turning the entire room silent.

"You want to drown this base? The moment I get my hands over this headquarters, I will ruin it with my own hands. So, you better stay in that position for a long time and handle what you have built for years," with that Yoongi locked the door behind him and left.

Namjoon chuckled at the boy's blunt behaviour. But can he complain? The answer is no. All the genius heads working under him are crackheads.

_______

S.O.U.T.H  I.N.D.I.A, 13:34

K.O.C.H.I. (Typing...)

"Grandpa! Turn the boat!" Jungkook screamed with his chest still heaving up and down from all the running he did to reach the control room of the small fishing ship that was enough to accommodate about 20-30 fishermen at a time.

"You scared me!" The grandpa gasped as Jungkook came rushing into the room.

"Yeah! I am sorry, but it's urgent."

"What's so urgent that you are turning the boat back without fishing?"

"I am going back!"

"Back...where?" The grandpa asked with confusion and a slight pang in his heart at the news.

To Park Jimin.

"Home," Jungkook uttered as he took the steering wheel and tucked his abdomen tight to apply pressure and turn the boat back.

"Oh," the grandpa mumbled with eyes dropping to his feet.

"That's it? You ain't gonna wish your grandson a happy journey?"

"Hmm,"

"Oh, come on! You not happy about it!" Jungkook whined as he guided the steering wheel in his hand.

"I am happy...see?" Grandpa mumbled and put a weak smile on his face.

Well, you can't blame the old man. Can you?

The man legit took care of Jungkook like his own blood for the past six months, starting from the time he pulled Jungkook out of the fishnet he was stuck in.

The man almost lost his shit when he found Jungkook all pale and lifeless. But fate had other plans and somehow managed to keep him alive.

It's still a mystery how Jungkook ended up that way and it's not like Jungkook lost his memory of the incident. He just prefers not to speak about it.

It's a scar he doesn't want prick again.

"What is it? Tell me. I know something is going in your head." Jungkook said with his eyes glancing at the grandpa and then ahead of him.

"Did you find your family? Is that why you are returning?"

Jungkook chuckled softly, "I don't have to find them. He is standing right beside me."

The grandpa was slightly taken back, "I am no family. I couldn't provide you with anything. I just made you work here when you were so disinterested in this field of work."

"You are the best person I have met. You taught me fishing. Come on! Not everyone can look sexy while driving a fishing boat like you," Jungkook laughed as the man kept blushing lightly.

"Okay, stop flattering me. I always wished to have a grandson like you. And I am more than glad to have you."

"Now that's like my cute little grandpa!"

"Will you visit again?" The grandpa asked with desperation.

"Nope!"

"Oh..."

"I am going to come back with this huge group of my friends and take you out on a date. Okay?" Jungkook chuckled as he rode the ship towards the dockyard.

"You have become too naughty. Whom did you learn all this from?"

"Of course, it's you, my cheesy little grandpa."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Jungkook replied as he stopped the ship.

"What's the reason for you to leave?"

To kill someone!

"To meet someone." Jungkook smiled lightly as he got out of the control room.

A/n:- Ah! I am sorry to the short chapter. Hope you liked it.

Anyways, what do you think is jikook's past?

And why is everyone at the base so eager to find Jimin?

How did Jungkook end up in India?

Too many questions. Let's answer one by one 🙃❤

Love you guys

Maddie :-)❤️