Thirty-Nine

Nadirah
I'm going dress shopping and I'm hoping that I can find my dress today I know exactly what I want my dress to look like. Me and my mama pulled up to the bridal shop I parked and we got out I locked my doors behind me. We made our way up to the door we walked in.

"Hello do you have an appointment?"

"Yes I'm Nadirah Beckham."

The receptionist nodded and typed my name in.

"Alright follow me."

She lead us over to an area we all sat down then she told us that she'll be right back. Seconds later another woman appeared.

"Hello who is our bride?"

"It's me I'm Nadirah."

"Nice to meet you Im Lauren your consultant."

"Nice to meet you too," we shook hands.

"Who did you bring with you today?"

"I brought my mom, my best friend, and my sister in laws."

"Okay do you know what type of dress you want?"

"Yes I want a mermaid dress."

"Alright and what's the budget?"

"$5,000 I don't want to go over but if I fall in love with a dress that's over budget then I'll go up on the budget."

"Okay alright let's go look at the dresses."

I stood up and followed behind Lauren we walked over to the section where the mermaid dresses were. She showed me a few and I picked out three that I liked then she got the dresses down.

We walked over to the dressing room and we walked in. We talked about how me and Marcus met then I gave her the wedding date then she helped me into the first dress. We then walked out and walked onto the showroom floor I got up on the podium and turned towards everyone else.

"I like it," my mama spoke.

"Yeah it's okay but it's not you," my best friend Meiko spoke.

I turned towards the mirror.

"It's cute but it's not me."

I got off the podium and went back into the dressing room I put on the second dress and walked back out I turned towards everyone.

"Oooouuu I love this on you," Seiko spoke.

"Yes it's beautiful,"Avianna spoke.

"Mama," I asked looking at her.

"I love it."

"Me too," Meiko spoke.

I turned towards the mirror and I was stunned.

"This dress is beautiful I love it on me."

"Let's try it on with the tiara."

"Okay."

Lauren placed the tiara on my head.

"Yeah this is the dress."

I turned back towards everyone.

"Yeah this is the one."

"You look amazing baby girl."

"Thank you mama."

"Is this your dress."

"Yes."

Everyone clapped then I went back into the dressing room and changed back into my clothes. This dress is exactly what I want and it compliments my body perfectly.

I walked back out with Lauren she lead us up to the front and I paid for the dress and we all left heading to go and get food.

Braelyn
I walked around the kitchen cleaning as I waited on Raheem to come back with the food Laikyn and Leilani are in the swings in the living room sleeping. I heard the pumps stop I stopped what I was doing. I grabbed the bottles then I went into the refrigerator and grabbed the bigger container for the excess milk if I have any left over. I opened up all of the bottles then I took off the right pump and filled the bottles I wrote the time on the bottles from the right boob then I filled up the bottles from my left boob. The little milk that I had left from the left pump I added it to the container of breast milk and wrote the new time on it. I placed the bottles in the refrigerator and closed it I then got my pumps and washed each one and placed them on the rack to dry. I then went back to washing the bottles.

"Hey baby."

"Hey baby," I spoke.

Raheem walked over to me and we kissed.

"You almost done?"

"Yeah."

"Alright I got Chinese food is that okay?"

"Yeah."

I finished washing the bottles then we went into the living room I checked in on the girls then I sat down next to Raheem.

"Nadi sent me a picture of her dress it's beautiful."

"Lemme see."

I grabbed my phone from the couch arm and unlocked it I went to my messages with Nadirah and I showed Raheem her dress.

"It is beautiful."

"I can't wait until I go and find my dress."

"Are you doing a budget or no?"

"Yes because I'm not spending no damn $10,000 or more on a dress."

Raheem nodded we said a prayer and started eating.

"How long have the girls been sleep?"

"Since you've been gone."

"Alright."

"You pumped yet?"

"Yeah I have the container in the refrigerator is back full so now when I pump again I'll just use the storage bags it's enough bottles in the refrigerator for the girls."

"Okay."

"I noticed that when I took the pumps off my boobs were a little sore and tender."

"Do you know what you need for them?"

"Lemme me ask my mama."

I sat my fork down and I sent my mama a text once she responded with the picture I showed Raheem.

"As soon as I get finished eating I'll go out to the store and get the cream for you."

"I'll just have it delivered to the house so you won't have to go out again."

"Alright that's fine."

"Ima also get some more breast pads now that my milk flow has increased im going to have to need some more breast pads."

"Okay."

I had a little trouble with breastfeeding so I had Raheem to go and get me lactation cookies and body armor once I ate the cookies and drunk the body armor it increased my milk flow which is good. Laikyn is trying to cluster feed which is probably why my boobs are getting sore and tender. Once I get this cream hopefully it'll help my boobs so they won't crack and cause excruciating pain. It's only been 24 hours since I've gave birth and so far it's been a breeze with Raheem help.