Thirty-Three

Omari
We pulled up to the Martins house we got out and I locked my car doors Seiko opened the door and we walked inside.

"Hey Mari and Sei."

"Hey Mr. Martin," I spoke.

"Hey daddy."

"How's your niece?"

"She's good both parents are happy and in love with her."

"That's good Sei baby go on upstairs I want to talk to Omari."

"Yes sir."

We kissed Seiko went upstairs and I sat down on the other couch.

"You started looking at rings?"

"Yes sir."

"That's good you picked out a date yet?"

"I'm thinking Christmas since you and Mrs. Martin will be at my parents house for dinner."

"That's perfect I know before you started that Sei was asking questions and you two almost broke up."

"Yes sir and I don't even leave out to answer the calls anymore my jeweler knows when she's around so we just talk in codes around her."

"Okay good."

"I actually want to go look at some rings my jeweler just got in."

"Alright let's go Odell coming?"

"Yeah he's going to meet us there."

"Alright."

I sent Seiko a text telling her that me and her pops are going to the store then we left the house we got in my car and headed towards my jeweler. My pops had sent me a text letting me know that he's almost at my jeweler and that he'll be waiting for us. I responded with an okay and continued to drive.

We pulled up to my jeweler store and got I locked my car doors and we went inside we greeted my pops then we greeted Caine.

Caine pulled out the display of rings and I looked at each one of them and stopped on the next to last one I picked it up and looked at it then I smiled.

"This is the one," I spoke.

"You sure," my pops asked.

"I'm more than sure this is the one."

"What you think Jared," my pops asked Mr. Martin.

"It's just right for Seiko it's not too big or too small she's going to love it."

"I'm getting this one Caine."

Caine nodded and went to package the ring I noticed that my pops was looking at a few tennis bracelets. I already know he's getting my mama one and probably one for his self. I walked over to where Caine was he told me the price and I paid then I placed the ring in my pocket. The next step is to hide the ring so Seiko won't find it.

Brielle
There was a knock on my office door then it opened and I saw Taliyah walking in.

"Hey Liyah."

"Hey Bri."

I stood up and we hugged then we both sat down.

"What's going on?"

"Our annual couples trip is coming up and this year it's our turn to pick the destination last year we left it to O and Shawn."

"Thank you for reminding me about that because I almost forgot."

"Oh I know so I was thinking Seychelles."

"Oouuu that's a good idea."

"I have been looking at different villas and I think I found the one."

I turned my laptop towards Liyah.

"Pull it up so I can see."

She nodded and got my laptop and went to it. Taliyah turned my laptop towards me.

"These are perfect."

"Great minds think alike."

I got my laptop back from Taliyah and I booked the villa making an accommodations that I think need to be made. Once I was finished with my laptop I closed it and stood up.

"What are we about to get into?"

"Watch movies until we fall asleep O is gone with Mari and I don't know how long he's going to be gone today is my off day-," Taliyah cut me off.

"There's never an off day with being an OB."

"You're right about that but none of my mommies aren't due any time soon."

"Okay."

We made our way upstairs to my room as soon as we walked inside of the room both of our pages went off. I walked over to the night stand and grabbed my pager seeing that it was a 911.

"You got the same page?"

"Yep."

"My scrubs still in the guest room?"

"Yep."

"Alright."

Taliyah walked out of my room and over to the guest room I took off my shoes and stripped out of my clothes. I went over to my drawer and grabbed a pair of scrubs I slipped them on then I went in the closet and grabbed my socks and shoes. I put them on and walked out of the room while tying up my hair. Taliyah came out of the guest room and we made our way downstairs.

About 45 minutes later we arrived at the hospital we both handed the nurses our purses then we clocked in.

"What do we have," I spoke as I made my way over to the trauma room.

"23 week woman with complaints of stomach pain," the nurse spoke.

I read over her chart.

"What happened?"

Before she could respond the woman started seizing we quickly rolled her over to her side and held her as she seized. Once she calmed down I got the portable ultrasound and got started on the ultrasound.

"Alright baby is fine she's going to be sore for a while from the impact."

I then checked mom's vitals.

"I want to keep a watch on her for next couple hours make sure nothing doesn't change," I spoke to the nurse.

I looked at the mom who was now on oxygen while holding her stomach.

"Those stomach pains is just your baby moving around he/she is healthy."

"Okay we were on our way to our gender reveal when we was rear ended."

I nodded.

"I'll come back in 2 hours to check on you."

"Okay."

I walked out of the room and removed my gloves Taliyah waved me over and I walked over to her.

"Wassup Liyah."

"I'm going to have to need your help in the O.R."

Taliyah gave me a run down of her patient as we made our way up to the operating room my patient and her boyfriend was lucky enough to only get rear ended when it was a multi-car pile up.