Twenty-Nine

Braxton
Our baby shower was a success now we're home going through all of baby girl gifts and getting everything put away.

"Babe how you want the clothes to go," I asked as I looked out of the closest.

"By size so if she have any newborn clothes do those first followed by 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 12 months, 18 months and 24 months."

"Okay."

I walked back into the closet and started rearranging the clothes that I had already hung up.

About 20 minutes later I walked out of the closet seeing Avianna sleep. I smiled then I carefully picked her up and she immediately woke up.

"Huh wait-," I cut her off.

"It's fine baby I'll finish up you go ahead and get you some sleep."

She nodded and laid her head back on my chest and I carried her out of the nursery and into our room. I laid her down and placed the covers over her I pecked her lips and walked out of our room. The doorbell rung and I made my way downstairs I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Wassup big bro."

"Wassup Mari hey Sei."

"Hey Brax."

I stepped aside and let them in I closed the door.

"Where's Avi?"

"She just went to sleep."

"Oouu Ima join her."

Seiko went upstairs and we followed behind her.

"What you been doing?"

"Just putting away all of Arielle stuff Avi was helping me but she fell asleep so Ima finish it for her."

"You know what you're doing," Omari asked me as we walked into Arielle nursery.

"Yeah Avi wants all of her clothes hung up by size."

"Cool so that means I can help."

"Yep."

"Have her crib came in yet?"

"Nah and it's not just the crib it's also the changing table too."

"Oh okay."

I got started back with hanging up the clothes.

"You're not nervous about becoming a father?"

"Nah I'm actually excited and can't wait to hold her and love on her as much as I do Avi."

"I couldn't do it yet I'll be scared as hell."

"There's nothing to be scared of it's just another life that you have to love, take care of, be responsible for and teach them everything that you know so they'll have the life that you want them to have."

Omari nodded.

"You're still in college along with Sei so kids is far from y'all minds but me and Avi we're ready. Now my final step is to officially have her as my wife."

"How's the wedding planning going?"

"Good when she wants my input about something I give it the only thing I'm doing is writing the checks Avi has full control and whatever she like and want I'm down with it."

"How did you get Avi to let you spend money on her cause Sei won't let me at all?"

"Avi didn't let me do it for a good minute so I just started adding money to her account which she went off on me about but I told her that as her fiancé and soon to be husband my money is her money whatever I make it's hers and it's okay for her to ask me for money and it's not going to hurt our pockets so now anytime she wants something and she either ask or ask me where my wallet is at."

Omari nodded.

"Just talk to her and see what's up."

"I will."

We continued with hanging up Arielle clothes which a lot of the clothes she has she probably won't even get a chance to wear them because she has so many.

Later that day

Omari
We're back at home and Seiko is in the kitchen cooking dinner I walked into the kitchen.

"Babe."

"Yeah baby."

"Why won't you let me spend money on you?"

"Because I'm not your wife and don't have any rights to your money that's your money not mine."

"Just because you're my not my wife yet doesn't mean anything if you want something all you gotta do is ask I know you're independent and like to get it on your own and you have your own but lemme pay for something."

Seiko looked back at me.

"Mari-," I cut her off.

"Please don't fight me on this Sei."

"Okay."

I smiled and walked over to her.

"I think something is wrong with my car."

"Sei."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Sometimes it'll start without a problem sometimes it won't I've been holding off on telling you because-," I cut her off.

"No need to explain I'll get it looked at in the morning until then you can drive my car."

"Really?"

"Yeah wait which one?"

"The Bentayga."

"Okay."

"Mari do you think about the baby?"

"All the time I wonder who he would've looked like all of the things we could've did together and as a family but everything happens for a reason."

I saw Seiko quickly wipe her eyes and I walked over to her and had her face me.

"I'm sorry for crying it's just that I miss him so much I wanted him so bad."

"You don't have to apologize baby and I know and it's okay in due time we're going to have another baby that we'll love as much as we loved him."

"Can we give him a name?"

"Yeah."

"Josiah aka JoJo."

"I like that."

We hugged.

"Go sit down and I'll finish up with dinner."

"Okay."

I kissed Seiko and put our foreheads together.

"I love you."

"I love you too mama."

We kissed once more then she walked out of the kitchen and I walked over to the sink I washed and dried my hands then I got started with finishing up dinner.

I was half way finished with dinner when Seiko walked back into the kitchen. I looked at her.

"What's wrong?"

Seiko didn't say anything she held her phone up for me to see then I looked at her. What the fuck?