Chapter Thirty-Seven: Back to Spain

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

I wake up to Alec lifting me in his arms placing me in my seat. He straps me in and then puts his seatbelt on. I'm fully awake when the plane lands.

We get out the plane and I turn around watching the other plane land. We get leaded to a car and get buckled in.

The drive was a good distance but the ride was peaceful. We get to the house and my first thought is to run inside. Without the car filling stopping I run inside.

"ROSALINA" Alec calls behind me but I'm too focused on trying to make sure everyone is okay. I open the door and see his mother and Axel in the living room with some of his family.

"Oh my god" I breathe and run up to her making sure she's okay. "Nobody touched you right? I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." I stammer and Axel grabs my hand. "We are okay and this isn't your fault." He states trying to calm me down.

His mother grabs my other hand and kisses it. "We are all a family. You included. We don't blame you for any of this" She whispers and I let out a small breathe.

But where's Angelina...

"Did you find" I ask worried and Axel cuts me a off just as Alec walks up behind me. "Yes, she should be here any minute. We are waiting to hear back from everyone." He states and I take a deep breathe.

Axel and Alec go off to the side to talk while his mother stays with me. "You look different" She says and I scrunch my eyebrows. "In a good way or bad way" I laugh and she smiles.

"A good way" I smile at her response.

"How are you doing?" She askes and I don't want to trouble her so I lie. "I'm doing okay" I state, plainly. "Don't lie to me" She says strictly. I look at her for a moment before taking a deep breathe.

She always knew when I was lying.

"Alec is mad at me. He might now show it but he's really mad. When everything happened. Angelina called me, I got a message to turn myself in to protect you guys." I take a sit on the bar stool, explaining.

"After the phone call, I told him I should leave and do what he wants and now he's upset."

I mean when I repeat it.

It makes a little sense why he's mad.

"Honey, he just cares very deeply about you. After you got engaged. He never dated anyone. I was almost nervous about grandkids. Axel is a whole different story. I can't wait to see what girl marries him." She takes a seat next to me.

"Angelina, is a very picky girl. It'll be a while before she settles down. So with Alec I was sure he wasn't going to produce any type of children. I haven't seen him this happy since you both were little." She continues to talk as she grabs my hands rubbing them.