Chapter Thirty-Two: Charity Ball

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

I woke up a little earlier today. I had extra shit to do for this ball but not only that.

Her birthday.

I had big plans for her birthday. She probably thinks that I forgot but Id never forget her birthday. I go to my office to do some last minute work and when I come back she's still sleeping.

"Good morning baby" I kiss her on the forehead and she wakes up slowly.

"The charity ball is at 2pm so you need to get ready." I say and she rubs her eyes, sitting up. "Okay, what time is it?" She asks and I hear someone slam the door.

Right on time.

"ROSALINA" I hear Tatiana calling her. I let Tatiana in on what I was planning. It's crazy that food will make just about anyone talk.

She told me how she doesn't like to celebrate her birthday and it was true. However every summer, I would still do something for her.

She burst through the doors. "¿Por qué sigues durmiendo? ¡Son las 12 en punto!" (Why are you still sleeping? It's 12 o'clock!)

Her eyes open and she shoots a death stare to me. "Alec why would you let me sleep in this late?" She says. "Well you looked peaceful."

"Peaceful. You were willing to let me not have enough time to prepare because I looked peaceful." She crosses her arms.

Yes.

Was I supposed to get attack by the grumpy monster if dared to wake her up?

"Do you want me to push it back an hour?" I tease and she laughs. Why does she doubt my ability to do shit? "You can't do that" she remarks. I pull my phone out and she leans and grabs my phone.

"No. Don't do that" She rolls her eyes as I laugh and then gets up to get ready. Tatiana pushes me out and I go get myself ready.

I wore a black suit with red accents to go along with her dress. I go down stairs and tell my men that there is extra security at the ball so that can actually go if they want to.

I wait downstairs for what feels like fifty years before she comes down. but it was all worth it once I saw her.