Chapter Thirty-Three: Butterflies

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

We get in the car and he starts driving. "Alec, are you going to tell me where we are going?" He laughs.

He shakes his head no and so cross my arms over my chest, playfully. "Fine don't tell me" I tease and he laughs at me. The drive was pretty smooth, we listened to music and just talked about the event a little bit.

I was so nervous to meet all of his colleagues but it wasn't as bad as I thought. They were pretty cool and very informative. They were as intimidating as I thought they were going to be. i'm

We pull up to a building and I'm still a little confused as to why we are here. We walk to the doors and are greeted by a tall beautiful blond women.

"Welcome to the Butterfly Exhibit!" She hands up a little baggy of what looks like dust. "Don't worry, you'll find out why you need it later" She whispers and we continue walking.

Why did he bring me back here?

We walk into the building as the butterflies fly around. "You brought me back?" I ask and he nods. "I mean I'm not complaining, I love butterflies" I laugh and try to chase the butterflies again.

But unfortunately before I can, Alec grabs me leading towards the show. Everyone was gathered around waiting. "What is happening?" I ask him and someone randomly turns around to me.

"A Light show" Someone said nonchalantly. I turn to look at Alec but he's not giving me any information. I look at what looks like dust and it just looks normal.

What is going on?

Why am I basically hold fucking sand?

I watch as a woman gets on a podium, placing in front of everyone. "Hello everyone, We have 3 great things happening today."

"First things first!" She voices out and the lights start to turn off. I automatically grab Alec's arm. "If you will take a look, we are about to release our swallowtails butterflies"

A purple light comes on and I pretty positive it's a black light. As she starts explaining why they are so popular, I see little speckles of light.

"Oh my god, it's the butterflies" I jump up, grabbing his arm excitedly and hear Alec laughing at me.

"Now I bet all of you are wondering what's in your hand. It's glow dust. Everyone's bags are mixed. So take a hand full and through it up in the air." She finishes and every shoots to their bags.

I grab a hand full and throw it. It was blue with some purple. It was bright and as everyone did it, it filled the room full of sparkles. The colors we're so beautiful.

I'm going to need to buy this dust.

After the lights turns back on, we see the butterflies flying around. "Okay, Secondly after about a week we let all of the butterflies go. Although we love them, we can't keep them forever."