Chapter Five: Attitude

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

It's been a week and everything was becoming more familiar as the days blend together. I would wake up, go to work and on the days I wasn't, I would go explore New York.

With guards of course.

The only tiring and frustrating thing I had to deal with. I was always with someone. It's kind of hard to enjoy things when you turn around and have a stone cold guard just staring.

"Can you please stop with the scary stares?" I request yet he says nothing. I walk around him, sizing his body. If I could just get this look off his face...

"Please....stop. with. The. cold. Staressss." I accentuate my words softly, trying to get him to at least laugh. His face turns to the side and I see his jaw clench. "It's otay to smile." It's not him that's the problem, it's that he is so serious.

He lets a small smile slide through. I turn, walking away. "Thank you!" I say, skipping in triumph. "Come on, just a few more stores and then we can go home!" I yell out as I skip to the next store.

After what seemed like hours of walking, we get home and I have to get ready for work

After what seemed like hours of walking, we get home and I have to get ready for work. I walk past Alec's office but get stopped by him calling for me.

I walk back down the hall to his office, walking in. "Yes." I stand there, shifting my body weight. "Please don't seduce my men." He sighs causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance.

I wouldn't say seduce but whatever.

"Soplona." (Snitch) I scoff.

"Believe it or not, some people actually listen to me here." He smirks and I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest.

He rounds his desk, standing in front of it. His fingers tighten around the edge as he stares at me, or should I say scans my body, As if I'm some intricate puzzle he's trying to figure out.

"Ya know, it's not nice to lead someone on like that." He voices and I turn from his gaze, looking out the window. "Yeah we'll it's hard to enjoy New York when your guard looks like he's trying to kill everyone." I mumble back.