Chapter Twenty-One: Like Father, Like Son

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

I wake up, sore. In pain but a pleasurable pain – of course. I play back the night's events, smiling. The first time, the counter, the shower and again before we went to bed. My body was absolutely exhausted. I honestly don't know how he expects me to walk around all day.

I look over to see he isn't in bed – and I couldn't care less. I continue to roll over, waking up and going right back to sleep. "Butterfly?" I hear faintly. My legs sprawled on the bed, I fell him laying kisses on my face. My eyes squint and adjust to the bright sun beaming through the windows.

"Maybe I should have taken it easier on you." He laughs. I slowly sit my head up, my curls falling everywhere. "I'm fine, I just might need you to carry me everywhere." I state, plopping my head back down. I look back up and see he has disappeared from my vision.

I hear the water running and feel hands scooping me up. I didn't put any clothes back on so he just placed me right in the tub. The warm water hitting my body felt nice against my sore body. He squats down, placing a kiss on my forehead. He sat there the whole time either on his phone or messing with me.

He tried to wash me, however I think I can wash myself.

I get out and I have just a little bit more energy. I got dressed and decided I was going to straighten my hair. I haven't done it in so long. I put on a cute outfit and grab my things to leave. I wanted to see where he grew up.

It was so beautiful. It reminded me of the summers I spent with my mother and father. Two loved ones I would never see again.

I didn't really get much time to mourn them with all of the problems I've seen.

Stuffing the thought down once again, I get up and grab myself ready to go.

All I have to do is get through this one dinner. This isn't about me. This is about Alec getting to see his family.

We arrive at the house and I see Angelina in the living room. I leave with no warning to Alec. I embrace her and we start talking. I can see Alec out the corner of my eye talking to his brothers and uncles.

"Everything okay?" She asks and I turn to Alec and smile. "Yeah, however thank you for taking me out yesterday. I really needed it." I explained. I start to feel the room shift a little.

Like tension.

When I hear someone approaching behind me. "And whose this?" I turn around to see a tall man, covered in tattoos. He reeked of alcohol and his accent was thick. His height towering over mine, I back up a little feeling a little intimidated.

Who is this?

I suddenly feel a hand grab me and move me back. When I turn around I watch as Alec steps in front of me.

They just staring at each other. There was no talking. They were both intimidating but neither was backing down. Everyone fell quiet, I feel Angelina grab my hand and squeeze a little.