The Turning Point

"The question 'what do you wanna be when you grow up' just freaks me out in so many ways, ya know?" Mike spoke.

He and Alisha were standing by the 'law' exhibit flipping through the different pamphlets and all the different schools.

"Tell me about it." Alisha sighed.

Just looking at all the Ivy League schools and the requirements intimidated her so much.

"But hey, you don't have to worry so much, I mean you are one of the best athletes in Mystic Falls. That's a scholarship in the bag right there." She told her friend.

Mike smiled. "Yeah, I mean I am pretty great, right?"

Alisha rolled her eyes. "Okay tone it down superstar. But seriously, you're still a sophomore and you have two great football seasons left in the year. You're bound to get noticed."

"Yeah." Mike sighed. "I mean with the rest of the season being cancelled this year, I'm just trying to stay in shape. But that's hard to do when all Tam wants to do is get food."

Alisha laughed. "Maybe you could try another sport." She suggested.

Mike had always been a Jack of all trades and football might have been his passion but Alisha had never seen him take part in a game he was bad at.

"Basketball maybe." Mike spoke. "The coach says they could use an extra set of hands and eyes. And his seen some of my games and thinks I'm quick on my feet."

"See?" Alisha spoke nudging him. "I have never seen Michael Maxwell not have a plan."

"Yeah, yeah." Mike chuckled. "Quit it, you're gonna make me blush."

Michael suddenly looked up. "Hey, have you visited the performing arts booth yet?"

Alisha set down one of the pamphlets, taking a free pen.

She looked up and saw a booth with a poster decorated with musical instruments.

Alisha shook her head. "Nope. Don't know if I should."

Mike furrowed his brows. "Weird. I just thought you'd be more interested in that. You've always loved to sing."

"Yeah." Alisha admitted.

It was always the talent she chose in her pageants and she thought she was quite good herself.

"But I've never really considered it as a career." She spoke.

Mike turned to look at her.

"Really?"

Alisha shook her head.

Mike folded his beefy arms. "Then what have you considered as a career?"

Alisha looked around at all the prospective career choices.

Sabrina was basically tailing Caroline at the journalism and broadcast table. Tamela was looking into engineering and she was only tagging along with Mike because they seemed to be the only two who didn't seem to know what they wanted in the long run.

"I - I don't know."

She didn't like that she didn't know.

Wasn't she supposed to know by now?

"Hey little A, I know that look you get when you're stressing yourself out." Michael spoke. "Stop it. As you said, we're still sophomores."

Alisha folded her arms across her chest and leaned against the wall.