Halloween Part 1

"So I leave town for the weekend and your brother freaking kills someone?" hissed at Stefan.

They were in his living room.

Sasha had to admit. Their house was nice. It had this vintage feel. Like something she would expect from a Fitzgerald era novel but with a modern feel. It was clear that bachelors lived here from the style and feel of it all.

"Let's face it, baby doll, it's not like you could have stopped me anyway." Damon spoke in a 'sing song' voice as he walked into the room.

Sasha turned to glare at him. "Wanna bet?"

She knew that she had only been a witch for a hot minute and that the only spells she knew so far were the ones her Grams had insisted her and Bonnie learn during their weekend together. And even those still required practice.

They would be going back for more lessons, Sasha especially since her Grams thought it was more important for her considering she's the only one who knew about vampires.

Sasha suddenly felt a wave of guilt. She had told her Grams that she would stay away from the Salvatores yet here she was.

Well it wasn't exactly like she had a choice since Vicki was involved in this whole mess now.

"Ooh, she's feisty." Damon spoke. He did that eye thing. "I wish I could play with you."

Sasha scoffed in disgust. "And I wish I could hurt you."

Damon pouted at her. "Aw... is that a promise?"

"Okay, Damon, knock it off." Stefan spoke as he stood in front of Sasha protectively.

"Ignore him." Stefan told Sasha as Damon went to slump down on the leather couch.

"You told me he was locked up somewhere." Sasha whispered.

"I can still hear you!" Damon called. "Vamp hearing." He announced pointing to his ear.

"Then can you please leave so that I can gossip about you in peace?" Sasha asked in a fake sweet voice.

"Nope." Damon spoke, popping the p.

"Sasha." Stefan spoke getting her attention. "I promised you that I would take care of it."

"Vicki's dead." Sasha snapped.

The words had never felt so real until now.

Sasha thought about how Matt would react when he realised his sister was no longer ageing or couldn't go out into the sun.

Vicki was dead. Damon had killed here. Damon had taken away her life.

Sasha felt infuriated as she stared at him casually lounging around when he had done something so horrible.

"I'm not dead, Sash." Vicki spoke as she walked into the room.

"Exactly!" Damon yelled. "This train wreck has actually never been so alive. So, you're welcome."

Vicki rolled her eyes.

She looked at Sasha. "He's actually right, Sash. Everything's clearer and brighter. It's kinda cool. So I really don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here. Why can't I just go home?" She whined.

Sasha wondered how Vicki could be so carefree about this. She knew how irresponsible she could be but she never thought she would take losing her life so trivially. Was she even thinking about Matt at all?

Stefan walked towards her. "Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you wanna do alone."

Damon aggressively flipped through a newspaper. "There's nothin' about that Logan guy I killed in here. Not a word. Someone's covering it up."