Chapter 4

On the side is the dress she is wearing.

_____________________________________________________

I sighed and look at myself one more time. I wore a dark blue lace dress, with white floral patterned tights, and brown riding boots. I barely styled my hair; just a side Fishtail braid. I applied mascara, and light coral lipgloss. I heard a knock on my door.

"When you are ready, I'll be downstairs waiting for you, okay Em?" Jon said through the door.

"Okay, I'll be down in a sec," I grabbed my purse and opened my door. I saw Jonathan at the end of stairs, and ran down them.

I smiled at him, and he just stared for a second. He was wearing jeans and a white button up shirt, showing his muscles.

"You look beautiful," He said, smiling. I blushed, realizing then that Jonathan Toews had just called me beautiful.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I winked, and grabbed my black pea coat.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

When we got to the pizza restuarant, Riva Del Fium, as I found out. Jon and I walked side by side to the table where Meg and Zac sat.

"Hey guys," Zac greeted us. Megan, whom I had never met, smiled at me and waved. Even though she acted sweet, her choice of clothes didn't surprise me. Her pin-straight thin blonde hair and tight, sparkly pink dress screamed Barbie. I gulped and ultimately thought Zac was just as stupid as her to actually take a second look at her. Whatever.

"Earth to Emma?" Jon waved his hand in front of my face.

"Shoot. Sorry."

"You okay?" He asked, sitting down at the same time.

"Totally! Just,uh, zoned out." I chirped. He looked at me weirdly but shook it off. Well done Emma, I thought.

"So you're name is Emma?" Megan asked. I nodded. "Are you and Jonathan together?" She asked innocently, sipping her Coke. My face was on fire.

"No-"

"Yes," Jon said, interrupting me. I quickly looked at him.

"Uh what?" I asked him, slightly mad. He looked at me and gave me a look that said 'Just go with it.' I got the message.

'Uh Yeah, I guess we are."

"You guys never told me that!" Zac said, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, neither did he," I mumbled.

"Well you too look adorbs together!" Megan chirped. Jon put his arm around me and gave a peck on the cheek. I blushed and I was, in a way, loving this alibi. A waitress came to our table. We ordered a pizza for the whole table.

"Um Jon," I said, in his ear.

"Mhm," He drank his water.

"Can I, er, talk to you alone, if you don't mind?"

"Of course," I grabbed his hand and led him to a hallway outside the kitchen.

"Whats up?" He asked, nonchalantly.

"I think I should be asking you that question," I raised by eyebrows.

"Let me explain," He told me how that if we say we are dating, that Megan won't look at him affectionately. "And, because, well, I really like you."

I beamed and felt butterflies forming. The good kind.

"You do?" He nodded and grabbed my hand. Jon looked at me in my eyes. "But I want to know if you like me, at all."

I smiled and pecked him on the cheek. "Of course I do." He looked excited, and continued. "Good, because I wanted to know if you, Emma wanted to be my girlfriend?"

I seriously cannot believe this is happening.

"Yes!" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder. I pulled away and Jon grabbed my hand.

"We should probably get back to the table, I am way too hungry." Jon said, rubbing his stomach. I giggled and agreed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

We got home late and my parents had already gone to sleep.

"God I am tired. See you two in the mornin'," Zac said slipping his shoes off.

"Night," Jon and I said in unison. I walked over to the cabinet to get a glass, then I turned o the tap water. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist and Jon rest his head on my shoulder. His cologne filled my nose.

"Sleep next to me," He whispered in my ear.

"I don't know.." I said, pulling out of his grasp. "Come onn," He begged grabning my hand. Was Jonathan Toews begging for me? I shrugged. I was sort of new to the 'love' world; I've only had two boyfriends. The last one I had was about 3 years ago. We both broke up because he was going away to college.

"Please," Jon begged, his brown eyes making me melt.

"God, fine." I said, sipping my glass of water and pouring the reminants of it in the sink.

Jon smiled and we were inches apart. He crashed his lips against mine and I knew I felt sparks. I pulled away and we both smiled.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to Jon's breathing in my ear since his head was on my shoulder, and his tight grasp against my waist. I moved a little bit, which made him pull his arm back. I turned around to face him. He looked so peaceful sleeping, and well, cute. Occasionally he would twitch his eyelids, which made me think he was waking up. Finally, he fluttered his eyes open, and smiled at me.

" Good morning beautiful. How long have you been looking at me for?" He asked. I shrugged and yawn. Jon laughed.

I sat up and stretched.

"Nooo, its not time to wake up," He said, grabbing my waist and pulling me down next to him. I laughed and snuggled into his bare chest. I could hear his breathing, which made me giggle.

"What?" Jon asked, wanting to know what was so funny.

"I can hear your breathing," I laughed, and he chuckled.

"Oh my god." I just realized something; Christmas was just a few days away and I hadn't even bought anything for anyone.

"What?" Jon asked, confused. I sat up and rested my head in my hands. The cold air easily went through my tanktop, which gave me goosebumps.

"Nonononono, I totally forgot."

"What?!"

"Christmas! Its in like what, five days? I haven't even finished let alone started shopping for presents!"

"Em, calm down. We'll go to the mall later," Jon said, rubbing small circles in back. "All Iwant for Christmas is you, so thats figured out," He smiled. I smiled and pecked him on the lips. I got out of bed, and so did Jon.

"I'll meet you downstairs,okay? I just have to put on a shirt," He said, and I walked out the door and down the stairs.

"Good morning, Mom, Dad and Zac," I said, grabbing a glass and pourkng OJ into it.

"Good morning," They all said quietly. A few mimutes later, Jon padded into the kitchen with a huge grin plastered on his face. I almost coughed out my orange juice, which got everyone's attention.

"Something going on between you two?" My dad asks, which both makes our faces straight as possible. I look at Jonathan, giving him an SOS look.

"Yes!" Zac answered. I glared at Zac. Both Jon and I will pound his face in-

"They're dating eachother," I clenched my fists. I am dissapointed to be a sibling or relative of Zac Miller.

My dad on the other hand, was confused and happy. "Well I am glad you didn't pick an idiot," He smiled and I sighed.

"Yeah me too," Jon agreed and laughed.