19 ~ Sunshine

Lizzie POV

I thought I had heard every one of her songs but I never heard that one. Knowing that she wrote it right before she left makes so much more sense. All she wanted was to avoid more heartbreak. She didn't want us to continue on a path that would just break us even more.

Now here we are, both still hurting from our past and unsure on what the fuck to do.

I talked to Robbie and it went...okay?

Earlier

Robbie: Okay, what do you want to talk about?

Me: To be honest, being around Y/N like this is a lot.

Robbie: Is it bringing back some old feelings?

Me: Will you unfiancee me if I say yes?

Robbie: Do you want to get married?

Me: I...I don't know. I thought I knew. I thought the rest of my life was set in stone.

Robbie: But seeing her again is making it unclear.

Me: Yeah. I'm so sorry.

Robbie: Lizzie it's okay.

Me: I don't want to hurt you.

Robbie: It might hurt a little, but I'm still here. We can figure it out.

Me: You're too good. I don't deserve your kindness.

Robbie: I don't think we should make any decisions until you get back. We can talk about all of this properly and you can tell me about it all.

Me: Yeah, that's a good idea.

Robbie: Okay. I love you.

Me: I...I love you too.

Robbie: Bye sweet girl

Me: Bye.

I'm actually glad he didn't let me break up with him on the phone. I really don't want to make the same mistakes again and I will always feel bad about the Boyd thing.

"I um. I just thought...I thought you should hear it." Y/N speaks, breaking me out of my memory.

"I really like it. I um..." I hesitate, unsure on why she played it for me. Does she want me to make sure I know she's let me go? That what I saw with Hailee was something real and not something casual like she said?

"I wanted to make sure you know that even after all this time, I still think about us and there will always be a part of me that loves you." She whispers and I look up quickly at the admission.

"Y/N...I. I don't think you realize that my heart was never anyone's but yours." I admit softly, her eyes snapping up to mine. She searches for any doubt, any uncertainty but she doesn't find it.

"You...you actually mean that." She states without question and I nod.

"With my entire being." I confirm. "I always said you were the one. I might have moved on but...my heart never did." I share and she takes a deep breath.

"I don't...I don't know what that means." She decides, her voice cracking with uncertainty.

"It means...that we aren't simple. But, I don't want simple." I share.

"I...I'm not...I'm a mess Lizzie." She whispers, running a hand through her hair. "You're engaged and...you have a stable thing that you shouldn't just throw away." She reminds me.