35 ~ Halfsies

Lizzie POV

When our time at the observatory comes to an end, we make our way back to the car. Apparently our date isn't over even though it's probably the best date I've ever been on already.

I watch out the window as soft music plays, my hand in hers that she squeezes periodically. It makes me smile every time and I lift our joined hands to kiss the back of hers a few times.

When she parks the car I look around to figure out where we are. "I figured a rooftop dinner might be nice." She offers and I look over to her with a smile.

"That sounds lovely." I agree and she puts a finger up to signal me to wait. She exits the car and I watch as she circles around the front of the car and opens my door for me. I take her hand that she holds out and smile at the gesture.

"Very chivalrous." I comment and grin when she stands straighter in pride. What a dork. She leads me inside of the restaurant and gives a random name for our reservation. The host leads us up to the roof and to the only table there. "You did this?" I ask once the host leaves us alone.

"I did...I figured some privacy might be nice." She explains and slowly moves her chair until it's next to mine and not across from me.

"It's perfect, thank you." I reply as she sits, taking my hand in hers quickly to set in her lap. She holds the drink menu in her free hand for the both of us to see.

"What would you like?" She asks and I scan the list.

"What about a Chardonnay?" I suggest. "Or a Riesling." I add on.

"Whatever you'd like. I think I'm going to get Chicken Alfredo." She decides when she opens up the food menu and I hum.

"That sounds good." I agree.

"What are you in the mood for?" She asks, looking over to me, trapping me in eye contact that shouldn't make me freeze. She smiles softly and I relax a little. Why does she make me so nervous?

"Um...maybe some sort of chicken dish." I decide and look at the menu. "Chicken Francese maybe." I decide and she nods.

Our waitress comes from the door and asks for our drink order. "We will have a bottle of Riesling." She decides for us and I nod in agreement.

She leaves to get our bottle and when she returns she pours us each a glass. "What would you like to eat this evening?" She asks, looking at Y/N for a response. I frown at her attention on my bug but try to ignore it.

"Can we get some calamari to start?" She asks and the waitress nods. "I will have the Chicken Alfredo and my date will have the Chicken Francese." She orders for us and I smirk to myself.

"Great choices. I will put that in for you." The waitress explains as she takes the menus.

"Thank you." Y/N offers before settling her attention on me, her arm on the back of my chair. "You look so good in green." She teases and I roll my eyes.

"She was looking at you." I defend weakly.

"She was taking my order." She reminds me and I nod. "Elizabeth," She whispers and I can't help but look at her, my lip softly between my teeth. Her gaze is teasing yet soft. "It's you. It's always been you." She reminds me softly before leaning forward to kiss me softly.

"I know I'm sorry." I offer when she leans away and she smiles.

"It's okay, sweet girl. No need to apologize." She assures me. "This is still new...it feels so...big and scary because of what we've been through. It feels like something small could ruin it, but nothing will ruin us. I won't let it. I won't ever let you go again." She assures me gently, with fire in her eyes.