Final Chapter

Kermit had stayed at his mom's for a few days. It didn't long for them to tire of the others company and Kermit was excited to see Mickey again. Kermit was ready to jump into the deep end. He was fully ready to make mistakes for the first time in his life. So, as he knocked on Mickey's door, he stood confident, because he felt ready. 

Mickey opened the door.

"Hey! Me again... you didn't forget I existed, right?" Kermit chuckled just a little bit, awkwardly waving his hand to greet Mickey. 

"No, actually- I've been waiting for you. I think I might have missed you? I don't know, I don't miss people most of the-"

Kermit softly grabbed Mickey's left hand and squeezed it, looking into his eyes. Mickey went silent, waiting for Kermit to do something. 

"Are you gonna invite me in?"

"Are you a vampire?"

"You'll only find out if you invite me in."

"I'd like to keep my blood in my body."

"No promises." 

"Don't suck me dry at least."

"I will suck you dry." Kermit immediately regretted what he said as soon as he thought about the context. "As in blood- you know? Like vampires! Not like- unless- no!"

Mickey opened the door more and ushered Kermit inside. "Do or don't, I can't complain." 

"Actually, I need to speak with you."

"Okay..?"

Mickey sat on the couch with Kermit. 

"Mickey, I'm really into you. Like, really into you. I know the road ahead won't be easy, but- let's just be young. Let's just have fun! Go on dates! Walk around town! I- I think we could turn this hook up into something a little deeper." 

Mickey nodded, eyes wide and cheeks red. 

"I want you to meet my mom! I want to own a fish with you! Something simple. Something easy."

"...We could get lost in each other. You make me feel better. I agree with you. I want to make this spark a flame," Mickey put his hand on Kermit's cheek, leaning in. Their eyes locked on each other's as their lips met. 

This is it for Kermit x Mickey. This took way too long to finish and I'm glad to finally have it done. Sorry for ending the whole thing with a short chapter.