Chapter 26: What the hell is going on?

-Mmmmmm these cookies are very tasty, where did you get them?

-In the lifeboat, under the base.

-And why was there food in the boat? asked Kill.

-The boats must have a supply of food to survive when a shipwreck happens.

-There wasn't just food, was there?

-There were survival tools to deal with any situation.

When they finished eating, they had fun playing games until they were exhausted, the one they loved the most was hide and seek, he looked at his watch that read 20:12.

-Boys, let's go back to the house.

-Are you going to stay with us," asked Umi.

-Of course we are," said Pékin.

-I love being with you," smiled Sein.

-Hey, what was the most amazing moment that ever happened to you?

-I always wanted to get on one of those giant ships, but now, I don't want to get on another one.

-Me, when they told me I was going to be the new Spirit Tree.

-Your Pékin?

-When I was finally able to take my first flight.

-Me, when I saw the ceremony of light for the first time.

-And me, when I kissed Ori.

Hearing that, everyone was shocked and static except for Kill, who laughed out loud.

H-h-h-how?!

-What?!

-You kissed him!

-Guys, there's an explanation for this," Kill said, fighting back tears of laughter, "Sein and Ori are.... boyfriend and girlfriend.

- 0_0...

-What do you mean, boyfriends?" asked Pékin surprised.

-After all the adventure to save Nibel from decay, they felt something that attracted them, they went for a walk constantly, they told each other secrets, in some cases jealousy, arguments, and on a starry night sitting alone in a tree was when Sein gave the first kiss, seeing that action he returned the kiss and so it was that from that moment they became sweethearts *sigh* until the storm took him away.

-Oh, I'm sorry Sein.

-Don't worry, we're still seeing each other.

-Is he in Niwen?" asked Umi.

-Yes, if you want, we can go these days.

Matthew and Umi shouted with joy.

-Boys," Kill covered his ears.

-You're going to hurt my beautiful ears.

-I'm sorry.

-By the way, do you have a girlfriend Kill?

-Someday Umi, someday.

-*I want to go to bed now, it's been a busy day.

When they arrived they settled into their beds with each of their partners, Matthew would accompany Umi, Sein with Kill and Pékin with Mur.

-Good night," said Matthew.

-Good night," they replied.

During the course of the night, a group was watching the northern part of the forest and they had been there since 1:00 am, some slept while the others watched and after an hour they exchanged shifts. At 4:30 am one of them (a little far from the group) found in a plantation how some flowers looked strange to the others, they could be easily distinguished as they shone but with a purple color. He approached carefully taking out his sword and with it he touched the petal of one, it was when the flower threw a purple liquid in his eyes leaving him without seeing, the group heard the screams of someone, the leader warned them to prepare themselves, they did not take long to recognize that the scream was of their companion of the group, seconds later the screams stopped being heard.

-Hom?

-Where did he go?

-You were with him.

-Yes, I was with him sitting down.

-And if you were with him, how did he disappear?

Suddenly, I could hear in the bushes that someone was coming, the atmosphere was getting more and more tense, in the bushes came out little by little a spirit who was walking with his head looking at the ground.

-Is that Hom?

-That's him.

-Hey you! Why did you walk away from us? I said clearly that-!

The spirit looked up at them with purple eyes and a black liquid coming out of its mouth with a gasping breath. When they saw this they were frightened, they had never seen anything like this before.

-The leader approached him slowly with his weapon.

-Sir, what are you doing?" said a frightened one.

-Hom... Easy.

Hom stood there motionless with a terrified face, the leader began to talk to him as he approached. Before he could take another step, Hom looked at the leader with a grudge and drew his sword with the intention of killing him.

-Sir.

-Get away from him.

-Hom, please don't make things more difficult.

And in a few seconds...

-Watch out!

Hom ran and screaming rushed at him making a clash of swords.

-I warned you- he fights against him and kicks him making him fall down.

-Grrrrrr- he gets up and attacks with a diagonal cut but the leader manages to dodge it.

-You three, help me," he launches an upward slash, "You go tell everyone!

-On command! - He left.

-Damn it, what's wrong with Hom?

-I don't know, but he's got to be stopped.

5:00

Our dear friends were still sleeping, the one who had left that fight warned all the guards and they went to the Tree, they ordered a group to go to that place and the others to be vigilant. The Tree sent two to go to warn Sein, they were taken by a bird so as not to waste time.

-Quiet, I'm going to wake Sein up," I walked slowly without making a sound, "Stay here and keep watch with the bird.

-I will.

When he reached the entrance of the tree, he woke her up.

-Sein... Sein, wake up.

-Mmm *cough*.

-Sein.

-Mmm, what's wrong?" she said, still asleep.

-We have a problem.

-*she wakes up*. -How?... What?

-First, we have to wake up Kill and Pékin.

-Pékin, Kill," she moved them.

-Let me sleep," said the bird scratching his eyes.

-What's the matter now?" Kill got up.

-Shhh, quiet.

-I'm sorry.

-Let's go outside, we don't want to wake them up.

So they came out of the tree to hear the news of what was going on.

-Listen, something bad is happening over there.

-What is it?

-Those bastards again.

-No, it's one of ours.

-Something happened to him?

-It seems he's somehow... -Corrupted.