Castle of Glass Part 4

Ivan's maids had arrived. There was a bustsy one and one that had a good face.

Now, it was just a choice of which one. The curvaceous one seemed a little frazzled, so she was off the table. Wouldn't this be a grand rebellion? Sleeping with your husband's maid instead of him.

With his choice made, Alfred called Natalie.

A couple seconds passed, the sun seemed to shine a little brighter, Alfred closed the blinds.

A knock reverberated through the lavish room.

"Come in."

Natalie...that's too long. Nat will work.

Nat truly was a beautiful girl. Long platinum hair, often in a bun with a violet ribbon. Long fingers almost perfect for playing piano. Lithe legs that seemed to go on forever. Her bust might need a little more, but that wasn't what blew away most of her male counterparts.

Her face was what truly made her beautiful. An elegant nose. High cheekbones. Lush pink lips.

The only thing that seemed to break her illusion was her eyes. They were a beautiful navy blue color, almost purple in the right light, but they lacked something. They looked like they belonged on a corpse.

Alfred was almost certain he could get her in bed. Despite how emotionless she seemed, she still longed for human companionship.

And...he knew the way she looked at him.

Alfred was no ugly duckling after all.

With his wheat blond hair and sky blue eyes. His smile that always seemed to promise an adventure, something new. His slight lilting accent that gave him a country charm. The little piece of hair that stood defiantly against all the products put in his hair. If Alfred was a gamboling man, he would says he's one of the most handsome men in the nation. But that didn't matter anymore......not after he got married.

Said maid entered Alfred's chambers. Her face devoid of any emotion.

"Hey Nat," her face scrunched up at the nickname "could you do me a favor?"

;) time skip

Alfred turned around. The violet silk of the sheets pooling on his legs.

Nat was turned away. Her lithe fingers grabbed the strings of her bodice and pulled. She grabbed her hair and put into a neat little bun. It almost seemed like she hadn't committed one of the worst crimes possible, fornicate with the King's lover.

Poor Nat, her future had already been written. Ivan would find out about this, and Alfred would have to come up with some excuse that she had drugged him or something. And then her pretty little neck would be separated from her pretty little body.

Ivan had always been possessive.

If there was any nice being out there, they would keep her out of Ivan's wrath. She would run off with that cute little brunette and live a happily life in a quaint village. And Alfred had screwed all that up hadn't he?

He really was scum. Maybe that's why he was stuck with Ivan.

Alfred stared as Nat walked away. His little act or rebellion walking away through the door, to her demise.

Alfred clasped his hand together, they still shook a little.

Did he really want to live like this?

What choice did he have?