Chapter 15

I wake up from my nap and immediately walk into the kitchen, where I see Niall eating Nandos. "I got your favorite." He mumbles and I let out a quiet thank you. "Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Louis dropped me, I had an attack." He nods and goes back to eating.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I can go back to uncle Lou's if you-" I reassure but he's quick to cut me off.

"Shush, I love you and we're going to have fun."

Then why don't I feel loved?

I nod and eat my peri peri chicken and smile slightly as I eat it. "I missed you uncle Ni." He stops eating and looks at me as his features soften.

"I missed you too, do you want to help me write my music? I have a few I need help with."

"Sure." I shrug and we go to his music room and he goes to his guitar.

"Okay so in the chorus I don't know what to put in the ending." He hands me the music sheet and I scan it.

"What about please don't leave." He freezes but smiles and nods at my words.

"That works, it's great! Thank you."

"I like this song." I mumble and look at the back of the sheet to see a song called This Town. I scan it and nod. "And this one."

"Thank you. Are you still interested in the moon?" He asks and tilts his head.

"No, it's useless, I was stupid to believe that that was something so cool."

"Hey now-"

"Like who likes the moon just because one good thing happened on the day of a full moon? Who's that stupid?" I ask out loud, throwing my arms in the air and he frowns.

"Me." He states and I freeze.

"What?"

"Im that stupid, im that stupid to believe that. I'm in love with the moon. You need to stop putting such ridiculously high standards for yourself and come down from whatever high horse you're on."

"I'm not on a high horse."

"How come you're not interested in anything?"

"I dunno."

"Yes you do." he presses

"No I don't, If I did I would tell you." I fire back but he doesn't flinch.

"You're ashamed to like the moon because Simon said something about it, aren't you." He jabs and I feel a pang of hurt and humiliation in my heart.

"That was a while ago." I mumble and rub my burnt arms.

"That doesn't mean it stops affecting you." His voice is now soft.

"I-" I breathe heavily. "It doesn't affect me."

He sighs and rubs my back.