Chapter 11

I got released from the hospital today. Dad said we could finally get that ice cream I've been waiting for. I'm happy today but I can tell they are keeping something from me. They wouldn't let me play on their phones. Maybe it's because Zayn is leaving today. March 25, 2015, a day their fandom will never forget.

Then a few weeks from now, we are going back on tour.

Dad has his hand on my knee as we drive home. He got Cookies n cream ice cream for me for being so good for the doctors. Sometimes he treats me like I'm five.

I'm okay with it if it includes ice cream though.

"So." He clears his throat and I turn my head to face him. "Zayn is leaving today, how do you feel?"

"Well, I didn't really know him that well, even though he's my uncle and will be in my life forever. I didnt know him, it's still sad but it doesn't make it as sad as if I knew him my whole life. Does that make sense?"

"Yes it does, I understand what you're saying."

"How do you feel?" He breathes in heavily and for a second I fear I said the wrong thing.

"I feel sad, he's leaving us and he is like a brother to me. I love him, we may not have had as strong a bond as him and Lou but we still had one, and it's sad for me to think that maybe I won't see him again." I frown, questioning why he thinks he won't see Zayn again, but say nothing.

As we pull up to the house I see the moving trucks already leaving.

I hear a faint, "Look, I'm only here to say bye to Ella, okay? Then I will get out of your hair." as I get out of the car. I frown looking at Dad but he says nothing as he wraps his arm around me and pulls me to the house.

I see an angry Louis being pulled back by Liam, and Zayn standing there silently glaring at Louis and Niall looks like he wants to cry. "Hey Ella." Zayn crouches down so he's my height. Still hate that.

"Hi Uncle Z'." I mutter and walk over to him.

"I have to go okay?" I hear a scoff come from Louis but I say nothing as Zayn scans my face carefully. "I'm going to be gone for a while, but I'll come back."

"Promise?"

He looks over at the rest of the boys with a look I can't detect. "For you." He says and I nod. He pulls me into a hug and I hug him back. "I'll miss you Collette."

"I'll miss you too." He pulls back and looks me in the eyes.

"Whatever happens, whether it be now or in the future, know that I'm always here for you, okay? No matter what you can always count on me to help you."

"Thank you." He nods and kisses me on the forehead.

"Goodbye my darling."

"Goodbye." He walks off, wearing a shirt with a sun on it. It looked unnatural for him to wear but it worked on him. He walks out the front door and leaves.

A sadness engulfs me and I try my best to not lose my composure.

I walk to dad's room and get out a notebook. Dad said I have a songwriting gene.

So let's write a song.

~~~

"You wrote this angel?" I stop biting my nails from anticipation and look up to see Dad looking at the song I wrote.

"Yea, I did." I bit my lip. "I thought you could use it for the album but if it's not go-"

"Don't say that, this is such a good song, what is the name of it?"