Chapter 9

"Collette you have to get ready for the party." I say nothing as I put on the yellow sundress. I scrunch my nose when I see it. I look horrible. I look up to see dad in a Navy suit with a white undershirt. He looks down at me as I pick at the ends of my dress with a disgusted face. "Hey, if you behave, we'll get ice cream afterwards."

My face lights up like a lightbulb.

"Okay now go see Liam, he's going to go do your hair."

"Okay." I walk over to Liam's room and knock two times, then one time, then two times. It's our secret code. The door opens and Liam stands there, looking down on me.

"Hi bubba, come in." I step in the room and he guides me to his bathroom. I sit on a chair he placed and he starts straightening my hair.

"Where did you learn how to do this?"

"Dani made me learn." I stay silent, not knowing what to say.

"I didn't get to spend any time with her when she came over."

"Yea, she is definitely special." He mutters underneath his breath.

"Are you happy with her?" He makes eye contact with me through the mirror and I can finally see how tired he is, bags underneath his eyes, masked away with make-up to make him seen as a thriving pop star.

"No, I'm not." He says finally and I look down at the ground.

"I'm sorry Uncle Liam, maybe soon you will be." He gives me a sad smile and nods. I look at my arms in the mirror and I feel my insides shrivel up. I look ugly. The burns make me repulsive and I can't get the image of the little girl back at the orphanage making fun of me out of my head. I breathe in slowly and open my eyes to see Liam looking at my hair intently as he straightens it.

When Liams is done I walk down the hallway to go to Louis room. He is probably closest in my size so I'll ask him. "Louis?"

"Come in!" I open the door and immediately walk over to his closet. "Uhh what are you doing?"

"I'm getting a jacket. Am I, am I not allowed to do that?" I ask curiously, turning towards him.

"No of course, I was just wondering." I nodded and kept rummaging through his closet. I ended up picking a black zip up.

"Alright let's go!" I hear Liam shout. We sound like a stampede of rhinos when we race down the stairs. I grab Liam's hand and he looks at the zip up curiously. We walk over to the Range Rover and Liam goes over to the driver's seat. I sit in the backseat while I am on Zayn's lap.

"Can you take off your jumper? You look so cute in the yellow." I shake my head and he stares at me curiously. "Okay, we don't have to take it off." He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck and I hug him.

"I'm going to miss you Uncle Zayn."

"I'm going to miss you Ella." I hold back my tears as I lean my head in his neck. When we get there I see everyone wearing dark colored dresses and suits. I'm the only one wearing a different color. We walk in and everyone disperses. I stay by Louis' side and he drags me to dance.

"Do you like to dance darling?" He asks as he spins me while we both smile.

"I love dancing." I grin up at him and he grins back. We sway slowly and we giggle slightly as I keep tripping over my feet.

"Mind if I steal the angel for a dance?" I look up to see dad.

"Hi dad."

"Of course, I will be by the drinks." Dad nods and takes my hand. We sway to another slow song and he grins down at me.

"How are you my angel?"

"I'm good. This is kind of fun." He grins at me and soon the song ends, and we all clap. I look around and see less people here than when we got here. I'm alone so I decided to go to the top floor. When I get there I see a door going to the roof. I open the door and go to sit on the pavement.

Harry's POV

"You guys go home, I'm going to go find Ella." I say as Liam and Zayn carry a drunk Louis and Niall. They nod and go into the Range Rover. Now where would she be? I check the bathrooms and bedrooms. I see a door leading to the roof and I smile and shake my head.

She is definitely out there.

I open the door and see Collette sitting on the roof with her knees propped up. "Hey pumpkin." I say as I sit besides her.

"Everyone wonders why I am so fascinated with the moon that they don't even take the time to look at it themselves." She whispers and I look at her curiously. I knew she was fascinated with it because she moved orphanages on a full moon but that's it. "Can we go home?" Her voice cracks as she looks at me with tear stained eyes.

"Yea, are you okay?" She nodded with sad eyes.

What happened while I was gone?

I pick her up so she's resting on my hip and I make our way downstairs. I order an uber as we make our way downstairs. I wave lightly as Simon as I make eye contact. I do not like that man. The uber pulls up and I set her down in the car as I sit down next to her. I glance at my phone while he's driving and go through my twitter feed.

I look up and glance at Collette to see if she's okay.

But out of her window is a car going full speed at us.

Okay, in my defense, i havent read this story in a longggg time so i forgot the entire plot

but here ya go

what happened though while she was gone ??