I'm alive!

Harry feels his feet slam into the ground; his injured leg almost gives way. He raises his head and looks forward.

"Cedric, please hide! I want you to stay alive! I can't lose you." His voice breaks in pain. An invisible hand cradles his head. "I won't die! I swear to you, that I won't die, you just focus on getting Pettigrew and resurrecting Tom. I'll stay in the background unless I have to jump in and safe you."

Harry laughs and shoves his mate off. "Sure, but not before I safe you from doing something stupid."

Cedric laughs and then moves into the shadows, staring at Harry who adamantly looks straight ahead. He could never be like that and it's fine, he's finally come to terms with that. His grey eyes land on a hooded figure with a small bundle.

Harry glares at Wormtail, the pain in his scar drowned out by the burning hatred he harbours for that man, that traitor. Wormtail stops beside a towering marble headstone, only six feet from him. For a second, Harry and the short man simply look at one another. Harry draws his lips up in a disgusted snarl.

"Where is the other boy?! He said there would be another boy with you, where is he?"

Harry smirks, "He's safe. You won't be touching him tonight or ever. This ends today Pettigrew, hand Tom over!"

Wormtail shakes his head and raises his wand. "Don't get cocky, you brat!"

"Stupefy! Wingardium Leviosa! Accio Tom!" He casts in succession not letting Peter any room for retribution. The small bundle comes soaring into his arms and Harry catches the wraith like dark Lord.

"You insolent brat! That could've come with a warning!" Harry smirks and chuckles as his black eyes stare down into red.

"Oh, sorry... By the way I have found your son, but he has a few conditions before meeting you. After the ritual I'll tell you. Now summon Barty, you need the flesh of your follower to be stronger. Wormtail won't do!"

"Do not tell me what to do!" Voldemort screeches, Harry winces and then laughs. "What are you laughing at?!"

Harry wheezes before responding, "Sorry...I just can't take you serious like this! It's too funny. In any case let us begin."

Harry summons the large cauldron over to him and Tom, he looks into the liquid inside and then starts heating the cauldron with a fire beneath. The liquid in the cauldron seems to heat very fast, as it should be. Harry smirks satisfied, once this is over he can certainly drop some part of his continued pretense. The surface begins not only to bubble, but to send out fiery sparks, as though it was on fire.

The whole surface of the water is alight with sparks now. It might have been encrusted with diamonds.

"It's ready," Harry mock bows before taking Tom in his arms and slowly lowering the frail wraith-like being into the cauldron; there is a hiss, and Tom vanishes below the surface; Harry hears his frail body hit the bottom with a soft thud. Then he starts chanting, initiating the ritual. He raises his wand into the night, looking menacing and speaks loud and clear.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!"

The surface of the grave cracks. Gleefully, Harry watches as a fine trickle of dust rises into the air at his command and falls softly into the cauldron. The diamond surface of the water breaks and hisses; it sends sparks in all directions and turns a vivid, poisonous-looking blue.

Just then Harry hears a soft crack, he looks up with a twisted smirk. He has been waiting for this moment ever since realising the truth. He just wants to make Dumbledore and the ministry suffer. He will keep magic safe this time.