Christmas

Cedric stands in front of a shop at Hogsmeade, Theo next to him, impatiently waiting for Cedric to either go inside or move on.

"Can you hurry up and decide? I also still have to run my own errands."

Cedric jumps and nods. "Right, sorry let's go in."

Theo sighs and rolls his eyes, they enter the small jewel shop. Cedric looks around and relaxes. This is fine, he can buy a present for Harry no problem. Harry will probably be happy with anything he gifts him as long as it comes from the bottom of his heart. He can choose something without a doubt. It shouldn't be hard to do.

He knows what he needs to do and he wants his first Yule with Harry to be perfect. He will give anything just to give him the perfect present.

"Hello?" He asks into the empty room. A slight scuffle comes from the back room and soon a young woman comes inside. Her bright yellow eyes settle on him and she lets out a soft giggle.

"Why, come now. I've been waiting for you. You are here to find a present. Not just any present but for someone special."

"How- how did you know?!" Cedric walks closely behind the blond woman.

"I see everything! Now then what did you have in mind? Do you mind if I make a few suggestions?"

Cedric laughs at the sheer enthusiasm of the woman.

"Oh my, how rude of me! I haven't introduced myself yet!" She elaborately bows, from the corner of his eyes he can see Theo hanging around in the shadows while looking at the products. Yellow eyes settle on his form again and a graze against his arm has him bolting upright, his body rigid. The woman lets out a chuckle. "Very aware, a seeker I presume. But in any case, I'm Miranda Orion."

Cedric numbly nods. "Cedric Diggory."

Orion nods as she moves around her humble shop. Cedric stares at her as she starts gathering boxes left and right, balancing them precariously on her thin arms. He gulps as he anxiously watches the wobbling stack coming his way.

"So? Are you going to look at these while I go get some more?"

"More?! But this is already enough, I don't want to impose on you. Please."

She waves him off with an excited smile. "Oh no, don't you worry, I barely get any customers and I just want to see happy smiles wherever I go." Her smile turns into something unreadable. Melancholic? Or sad? Cedric can't decide and he chooses not to comment. Miranda quickly jumps up and her upbeat behaviour is back in full force, her smile so contagious that he can't help but smile as well.

He stares as the woman skips to the back of the shop, then his attention turns to the many boxes strewn on the countertop in front of him.

"She's a bit obnoxious, but otherwise not Bad company," Theo mumbles from beside him, Cedric can tell that the other isn't trying to be hurtful in any way and actually means well. He hums and stares at the many intricate designs, but none of them actually catch his attention. This isn't what he's looking for, what he's looking for is something more meaningful. Something even he would want to wear.

"You gonna look at anything here? I mean for Longbottom?"

"Nah, he isn't one for jewellery, I'd rather gift him a plant he hasn't tried taking care of before. I already have something in mind but you asked me for help, so I came."

"Oh," Cedric looks sheepishly away. "Sorry for that. But thanks for still tagging along."

Theo nods and the corners of his lips tug up into a lazy smirk. "Sure, no problem. But you should probably focus on what you have in mind."