time flies

To say sixth year is demanding would be an understatement, it's by far more than that. Cedric may have a lot more free time, but most of that time he used for studying. Harry sometimes giving him company and helping him out in his more difficult classes. Nott also tagging alone at times, but the Slytherin spend most of his time either alone in the library or around Longbottom, if not around Harry.

Cedric still envies their closeness at times, he truly doesn't want to but he can't stop himself from turning green in, well... Just in general really. Harry is a dear friend to him, at times he wishes they were more, but always when he thinks that way a little voice asks what his peers would think, what his father would think? He's a man and Harry too, a relationship like that won't ever work out. He would just be a disappointment and he doesn't want that.

Then there's Cho, his best friend since childhood, Cedric Diggory is not as oblivious as one might believe. Cedric knows that Cho likes him romantically and a part of him is flattered but a different part is utterly disgusted. Disgusted by the thought of being with a girl. Cedric knows he's homosexual, he knows. But he can't accept that, he just can't, as much as that might hurt, that is the simple truth.

He wishes it were different, but it's not, not at all. Sometimes he could just scream, cry and yell. At other days beam with joy and feel like the luckiest person alive. He knows deep inside what he has with Harry Potter is special and unique.

Cedric often finds himself thinking more in-depth about his emotions. About homework and class. He remembers the grade he got for his first DADA assignment a few weeks ago. Professor Moody gave him an outstanding, and read his essay in front of the entire class, anonymously of course. Many people trying to figure out who wrote such an engaging and interesting essay. According to some rumors, it may have been a teacher or a seventh year. Or a Ravenclaw, yet no one was even close to the truth. That it was in fact the unremarkable Hufflepuff, Cedric Diggory.

Cedric doesn't mind not getting the recognition for his work. He's proud of his essay and also about Harry. Mentally the black haired teen may be older but physically Cedric is still older.

Cedric cares a lot for the younger Gryffindor. Harry is special in his own right. Cedric on the other hand could never compare. Not even in a million years.

"There you are. I was looking everywhere for you." Harry comes running up to him with a mischievous grin. Cedric smiles in return. "Sorry?"

Harry gently slaps the Hufflepuff on the shoulder. "Don't mind. Will you put your name in the goblet?"

"Yes I will, this will be my chance to prove myself."

Harry sighs. "Why do you always look for the approval of the people around you?" He places a hand gently on Cedric's cheek. "Why need the validation? No one can ever take away your worth, you just don't realize how special you are. And that's concerning. Cedric, people will love you for who you are and if they can't accept you, then fuck them. You don't need them."

"I just don't understand what you see in me? I'm sure I haven't accomplished anything in the future..."

Harry bites his lips and presses them into a tight thin line.

"I'm right, aren't I? How can you see all of that inside me?"

Harry sighs. "I'm aware you don't feel the same and I accept that, but Cedric, I care for you deeply. I care so much about you, you don't even realize. You're brave when you need to be, compassionate in the face of adversity and kind to those who might not deserve it. To me you are perfectly imperfect. I love you for who you are, not the perfect Cedric Diggory with perfect scores. Not the prefect or the pretty boy, that's quoting the twins. I don't care what you think of yourself, because I can see what you don't. I love you more than anything else and I'd do anything just to see you smile. To see you happy and for you to love yourself. All of your imperfections are what make you the person you are. So don't say that you aren't strong, kind, smart or compassionate. I love the fact that you are so easily jealous but don't act upon it, don't think I haven't seen you glare at Theo. He does it on purpose, you know."