Fairy lights

"It's beautiful out here, isn't it?" Harry gushes as he leans into Cedric's side.

"But not as beautiful as you, love."

Harry blushes and claps him on the back, "Oh, hush. You don't know what you are saying but thank you for the compliment."

Cedric rolls his eyes amused by Harry's antics. They move around the rose bushes. The professors outdid themselves.

"Hey, Harry, about the second task I figured out the clue. I know that you already know and remember the tasks but please let me tell you."

"Did Professor Moody tell you?" Harry questions. Cedric looks at him bewildered. "You wound me, Harry, I'm not stupid and I don't require help from a professor, thank you very much."

Harry's head whips to him so fast that Cedric flinches. "Sorry... It's just that last time you only figured it out because professor Moody told you what to do. So how did you find out anyway?"

"Well, I was looking through a book from the library about magical creatures that screech and I came up with quite a few, I just thought it wouldn't hurt to try and so I took the egg to the prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor and opened it underwater. We'll be facing mermaids next and... I'll just let you hear the message for yourself. Can we perhaps meet this following week and go together?"

Harry chuckles at the older boy's excitement. It warms his heart with joy. "Your excitement is one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. And your rants are absolutely adorable." He places a hand on Cedric's cheek.

Grey eyes close as he leans into the contact of their skin. "I love you."

Harry smiles and rests his head on his chest. "I love you too."

No words can describe the connection they have, their feelings for each other. All they know is that no matter what they won't ever stop protecting each other. They trust one another so completely and utterly. To the outside stander, this may seem weird or not comprehensible, but to them their trust makes sense.

Harry and Cedric walk along one of the winding paths through the rosebushes, but they have only gone a short way when they hear a familiar voice.

"...don't see what there is to fuss about, Igor."

"Severus, you cannot pretend this isn't happening!" Karkaroffs voice sounds anxious and hushed, as though keen not to be overheard. "It's been getting clearer and clearer for months. I am becoming seriously concerned, I can't deny it -"

"Then flee," says Snape's voice curtly. "Flee - I will make your excuses. I, however, am remaining at Hogwarts."

Snape and Karkaroff come around the corner. Snape has his wand out and is blasting rosebushes apart, his expression most ill-natured. Squeals issue from many of the bushes, and dark shapes emerge from them.

"Ten points from Ravenclaw, Fawcett!" Snape snarls as a girl runs past him. "And ten points from Hufflepuff too, Stebbins!" as a boy goes rushing after her. "And what are you two doing?" he adds, catching sight of Harry and Cedric on the path ahead. Karkaroff, Harry sees, looks slightly discomposed to see them standing there. His hand goes nervously to his goatee, and he begins winding it around his finger.

"We were actually walking." Harry still leans against Cedric, not quite taking in Cedric's rigid stance, once he does, however, he sends calming magic his way. "Voldemort will return, whether you like it or not and he won't be pleased. Naturally, he won't, I don't think I would be if I know that the people who swore their loyalty to me left me at my weakest. Also," Harry turns to Snape with a pointed stare, "professor, you might want to check for a mole within the castle after all they were the ones to enter me into this entire tournament. I know who they are but I'm not willing to risk my own safety. Now if you excuse us both." Harry drags Cedric away from the stunned men.