June 24

The mood in the castle as they enter June becomes excited and tense again. Everyone is looking forward to the third task, which will take place a week before the end of term. After the entire ordeal with the disappearances settled the rumours of that article in march resurface. The very same one that stated that Cedric was trying to get custody over Potter. And that's all everyone has been talking about, coupled with the following articles throughout April and May. Cedric was too focused preparing for his campaign against the headmaster and ministry through rumours, to have paid the articles any mind. But now...now it was just getting ridiculous.

Everywhere he goes he gets asked if he's courting Harry or disapproving gazes from his fellow housemates. Beatrice and Victoire have been teasing him about the elaborate and ridiculous depictions of his love life, that apparently started just before the second task after he, Cedric, helped Harry out with a few spells and pointers for the upcoming task. And in a show of gratitude the young fourteen year old kissed him.

"That's stupid."

"You are forgetting annoying." Cedric points out in exasperated tiredness. Harry turns to him and grins.

"What are you grinning at?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm just thinking about how amusing my handsome mate is." Harry wraps his arms around the brunette's neck. Cedric rolls his eyes with a playful smile and nips Harry in the nose.

"Hey!"

He laughs, "I'm not handsome and you know it! I'm gorgeous."

They both laugh together. "And yet we should probably be focusing on the task and not flirting."

Cedric looks thoughtful before taking Harry into his arms and twirling him in the air. "I disagree, simply because I love you too much! But on a different note, what's the plan for the graveyard?"

Harry blinks and then curses, catching Cedric off guard. "I completely forgot to tell... To tell Theo!"

"Uh...tell him what?"

Harry shakes his head, "Nevermind, I'll do it later. I promise I'm not trying to shut you out! I just want Theo to know first, this is about him and it has something to do with the graveyard..."

Cedric nods and resumes cuddling Harry in his arms. "Just be sure to tell him on time, we barely have a week left 'till the 24th."

Harry nods and kisses his mate on the lips. Sparks fly around them and Harry trails soft kisses all over Cedric's sharp face. His skin smooth to the touch almost spotless with the occasional scar from past acne issues. But otherwise Cedric is spotless. The last kiss is pressed on Cedric's straight nose.

"You are so beautiful I could stare at you all day." Harry breathlessly whispers.

Cedric smiles gently and nuzzles his face into the younger boy's cheek. Then he looks into those familiar obsidian eyes. "There should be a map to get out of your eyes, that's how captivating they are, love."

Harry smiles and kisses him once more.

Love... That's what they feel for each other, what they need from one another... And that's what they have and always will have, no matter the circumstance around them.

...

The day before the third task Harry drags Theo off to a remote corridor. "Why the fuck are we here?! Harry, what did you do this time?"

"Not much. I mean you know that Tom asked me to find his son, right?"

"Right..." Theo looks sternly at Harry, "Which means?" He prompts.

"Which means I found him..."

Theo's eyes widen minutely. "Oh fuck no! I know what this is about and when you act like that. Most certainly am I not his son! I don't want to be. All his ideals speak against my own. I don't take lives, I safe them!"