Halloween

"Finally, I wish to impress upon any of you wishing to compete that this tournament is not to be entered into lightly. Once a champion has been selected by the Goblet of Fire, he or she is obliged to see the tournament through to the end. The placing of your name in the goblet constitutes a binding, magical contract. There can be no change of heart once you have become a champion. Please be very sure, therefore, that you are wholeheartedly prepared to play before you drop your name into the goblet. Now, I think it is time for bed. Good night to you all."

Those words have been ringing through Cedric's head since last night when he put his name inside the goblet, he's heard about the rumours going around about him. Then the Hufflepuffs making too much fuzz around him, he hates it. He's come to quite like the tranquillity around Nott and Harry, but also the chaos they bring about.

He walks inside the great hall and looks around the chattering crowds. The entire hall redecorated to a muggle like Halloween instead of Samhain decorations. He looks over to the Gryffindor table, searching for his mate. His lips pressed in a thin line of concentration. He finally spots the young teen by Thomas and Finnigan. As he nears the small group, he notices Harry shifting uncomfortably around on his feet, his grey eyes land on Weasley and Granger holding onto Harry's arms.

"And all the Hufflepuffs are talking about Diggory," says Seamus contemptuously. "But I wouldn't have thought he'd have wanted to risk his good looks."

Cedric clears his throat and all heads turn to him, but before he can utter a word someone covers his mouth. "Sorry, nozing to see 'ere, I was in fact just looking for 'arry and asked Cedric to 'help me look."

Cedric looks down at Victoire in confusion and takes the hand off his face, he looks at Harry shaking his head with a slightly scared expression. It quickly Dawn's on him what Harry is essentially trying to say and what Vitoire is doing. He mentally hits his head. "Uh... right, Potter would you mind?" He carefully looks at Granger and Weasley tightening their hold around his mate! He bristles and calms his breathing. Then his grey eyes travel over to Finnigan. "My appearance does not matter in the pursuit of pleasing ones parents. Besides I am not even that good looking."

"So humble." Granger blushes and Cedric has to fight every instinct within him not to recoil.

Harry clears his throat. "Can you let go of me?! If Theo sees this he won't hesitate to pick a fight with you both."

"And why would we care about a slimy Slytherin? Their all gits!" Finnigan and Granger nod, Thomas, Cedric notices, holds himself back and takes a few steps back to blend in with the background. Suddenly Harry breaks free and holds Weasley at wand point with his hand. "You dont know just how much I want to make you suffer but the Cruciatus is by far too merciful for you. Ron I'm not the naive little Harry Potter I was before the summer. There are too many things that you haven't been able to cover up! Now if will excuse me I have places to be. And Seamus," his eyes glint viciously, Cedric is glad that he is not at the receiving end of Harry's wrath. "A piece of advice, dont judge people before knowing them. Diggory is nothing like the rumours from the other houses say, why do you think so many people like him?"

He turns on his heels and stalks off, Cedric sighs before trailing after Victoire, who is walking over to a small group of Slytherins. Nott and Rafaël are also within that group. He glances back at the stunned Griffindors and runs out of the hall after his mate.

He walks around the mostly empty hall ways looking for Harry and most places he would go to vent, usually towards the black lake but he doubts he will find him there.

Cedric almost yells when a hand grabs him around the arm and yanks him back to the entrance hall and outside, he looks over at the person and to his surprise it's in fact Theo. The only person to grab him like that is usually Harry and not Theo.