time

Later during lunch, Cedric walks down to an empty classroom and forces his magic to call out to Harry. Their signatures have become so intimate that he can always feel when Harry is close by and vice versa. From the magic, he can sometimes tell in what state Hardy currently finds himself. Magic is a wondrous thing and Cedric wants to know more about it, despite his mood getting in the way Cedric feels it inside his magic that it's gotten so much easier to cast spell work. He's been trying to catch up with his classes, which admittedly is easier than he thought it would be.

It's curious how many wonders the small interaction with Harry this morning worked. It all turned around to his favour, while he's still lacking many hours of sleep.

Cedric soon hears footsteps coming closer in his direction, his magic flickers with excitement, he feels himself grow steadily giddier and more nervous.

What should he say? What if he says the wrong thing? What if the same from the astronomy tower happens? Speaking of the Astronomy tower, they have both deliberately been avoiding it. Of course, that isn't possible once he has astronomy.

He jumps when he feels a hand on his shoulder, his head whips around as he hears his mate laugh. He smiles with a lovestruck expression, warmth building up inside him. A fuzzy feeling in his heart as it skips several beats.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. How has your day been?"

"Better than my week. I've been a mess and if you ask Victoire probably a pain in the neck." Cedric laughs, not actually feeling any mirth. Harry picks up on this and leans into his side. "I didn't mean to snap at you or make you feel like that. I'm so sorry I put you through so much doubt. I was trying to talk to you, I really was but I just didn't know how. I hope you can forgive me."

Cedric adamantly shakes his head and looks into onyx coloured eyes. He loses himself in their depth as he can see blue specks swimming around in the inky blackness. "I'm sorry for not chasing after you and just backing away. I've been such a wuss over the past days, I let my fear consume me. I felt lost and I wanted to act but I couldn't. I'm so sorry for causing you pain as well. I'm sorry for not being the person you need or look for in a mate. I know that I'm just a disappointment."

A sharp sting stops him mid-rant, shocked Cedric stares at Harry's tear-filled eyes. "How can you say such things about yourself? Why are you always so self-deprecating? Why can't you see your beauty and what makes you the person I fell in love with, that I'm still in love with?"

A hand rubs his sore cheek, they just fit so perfectly with each other.

Cedric feels his own tears sting in his eyes, Harry's just too good for him and the rest of the world too.

Harry has told him so many times that he, Cedric, is perfect for him and that there will never be another person for him. Cedric smiles through his tears and envelopes Harry in a tight embrace.

"Thank you so much!"

"No problem. Now about tomorrow. You might want to practice your transfiguration skills. That shouldn't be too hard considering who your ancestors are. You know...Nimue used transfiguration to help forge Excalibur."

Cedric chuckles slightly. "Yes I suppose you're right, I was in fact thinking about transfiguring some rocks or something like that into animals for a distraction. I highly doubt that the teachers will make us fight the dragons."

Harry laughs. "Oh, they won't, but I'm not about to tell you what exactly the first task will be about. I want this to be an astounding experience. I don't want to go take out the fun in experiencing these coming endeavours."

Cedric smiles. "Thanks, but that doesn't quell my nerves at all."

"Oh, but you should calm down, your emotions also affect your magic flow. I on the other hand want to try something out. You'll have to wait and see. Also, be careful that you don't get burned. Last time you had first and second-degree burns. People were commenting about you losing your good looks if it would've been worse."