Dreamers have visions too

Arithmancy. One of Harry's favourite classes, seeing as it comes closest to Muggle math. Which in any case should be implemented at Hogwarts as well as physics, Chemistry and Biology. Muggle science has helped Harry figure new ways to cast magic over the years. But also to create cures for deadly Muggle deceases that could potentially be severe for magical folk too.

His head snaps to the board as professor Vector writes a new definition for the magical value of a number. Which Harry believes to be the square root of seven in math. There's a lot you can do with that number, such as calculate the magical output for a specific spell, charm, curse or hex. For jinxes and blessings you need a different number or even a combination.

If  you divide 2,64575131, the square root of seven, by the scuare root of two and then ad pi and multiply it by two, the answer would be 8,154014 with that number you can perform an aguamenti of the equivalent of a minor drizzle, like the droplets of a leaking water pipe, and that's how you can control your output of magic for a spell, the combinations of numbers decides the spell.

Harry writes most of the theory written on the board down and ads his own knowledge into the equations. He loves math and everything you can do with magic in view of this mundane conduct.

The sun outside shines through the windows and the silence is quite pleasant. The black haired teen loves it.

Theo next to him is acting much the same as always. Harry smiles and then that smile turns to a smirk. But just as quickly as that smirk came it goes away, replaced by a sharp pain in his scar. Harry feels what is happening before he can process it. His eyes fluttering closed.

He is riding on the back of an eagle owl, soaring through the clear blue sky toward an old, ivy-covered house set high on a hillside. Lower and lower they fly, the wind blowing pleasantly in Harry's face, until they reach a dark and broken window in the upper story of the house and enter. Now they are flying along a gloomy passageway, to a room at the very end...through the door they go, into a dark room whose windows are boarded up....

Harry leaves the owl's back, he knows what this is and what is about to happen but there might be a change to these events...he is watching, now, as the owl flutters across the room, into a chair with its back to him....There are two dark shapes on the floor beside the chair...both of them are stirring....

One is a huge snake, Nagini, Harry's head helpfully supplies...the other is a man...a short, balding man, a man with watery eyes and a pointed nose...he is wheezing and sobbing on the hearth rug. Harry sneers at the man, Wormtail, the traitor of not only the Potters but also the dark lord. Like a rat, that man worms his way through life and the consequences of his actions.

"You are in luck, Wormtail," says a cold, high-pitched voice from the depths of the chair in which the owl landed, Tom. "You are very fortunate indeed. Your blunder has not ruined everything. He is dead. But your luck won't last long!"

"My Lord!" gasps the traitor on the floor. "My Lord, I am...I am so pleased...and so sorry...."

"Nagini," says Tom's cold voice, "you are out of luck. I will not be feeding Wormtail to you, after all, at least not yet...but never mind, never mind...there is still Harry Potter, that brat is changing and with it our plans...a wise child, cunning, extraordinary. A great asset to anyone in this war."

The snake then decides to hiss. Harry can see her tongue fluttering. He rolls his eyes at Tom's comment, appreciated but not welcomed. He's no one's asset! And he never will be! Not again!

"Now, Wormtail," says Tom, "perhaps one more little reminder why I will not tolerate another blunder from you...."

"My Lord...no...I beg you..."