Chapter 9: Talking with Danials

Two days have passed since Kyla was informed about her true side. That she is a werewolf. Everything that a typical teenager would need is all packed up. The reader’s view fades over to a rooftop where Kyla is sitting,watching the afternoon sunset.  She heard kids putting their playtime objects away. Her eyes are lowered at the floor.

   Danials climbed up, he slid down to the roof edge where Kyla sat. Man why do I find a girl who winds up being part werewolf? Maybe it’s fate? Hell I don’t even know why I have to be the person in the first place.  The boy contemplated in his head, something seemed off about him slightly by Kyla’s enhanced senses. Although she has known this boy for quite a few years.

  “Hey. Your mom’s worried about you.” The older teenager said, sitting beside her. He sounded worried for her when he actually is worried indeed. Her mother had sent him regardless of their dislike towards each other to find her. “Is there a cat on your mind or something?”

 Kyla softly laughed.

 “Hahaha….I just…can’t believe all my life that I’ve had this secret withheld from me.”  The girl said, tucking her blue hair bangs away from her lavender  purple eyes. She gulped, shaking. Her body gives clear indicated whatever happened inflicted pain upon her had been terrible, extremely painful. “And…Me becoming a werewolf… It’s scary.”

   Danial’s eyes shot up.

 “You…transformed already?” He said, with shock easily traced in his voice. His gray eyes are small. His eyes turned their tone into curiousty like a jackrabbit watching a deer from a distance.  “How was it for your….first time?”  Danials is strongly curious

 Kyla looks at the older boy with jaggered dirty blonde hair.

 “Well…It was kind of weird.” She said, after thinking for a moment or two. Kyla’s  experience over her first time is something people may not relate to in times that are odd and unusual. “And scary, I couldn’t control myself!”

 Now Danials is more interested. “Was it painful becoming a werewolf?” He questioned her again, his arms wrapped around his legs

  Her ears wiggled, while her eyes drift off to the sides. “Pain wise…”  Kyla began. “Horrifying.” Kyla’s hands rolled into a ball. Danials placed his hand on her shoulder for comfort. A tear rolled down her dark tan cheek.

   “It’s not fair.” She said. “I have to leave my hometown of Maine just for some stupid training with a guy who saved my life as a little girl. I would be perfectly fine doing the training home!”

  Danials saw her anger.

“There’s not a better expert here than your dad.” He said. “Besides, he hasn’t been doing the career of saving people or ruining their lives. He's been around, working his job and what I have been told attacking people without control in his werewolf stage. He wasn't a villian. He's just a...what people define as a man who has a gift of hell."

  Kyla is stunned by her friend's strong words.

 "Good point. But he managed to control it!" She puffed her chest like a proud cheetah. "Maybe he can  teach me how to defend myself from the people who want to hurt--"

  Danials took his hand off her shoulder. "Your dad is not werewolf anymore. You need to step onto the plate." The boy said, lifting his glasses back up as soon as they fell down. They are sunglass that he is wearing. They are a black at the glass area with maroon designs wrapped around the handles. "Daddy's little girl is growing up. He isn't there anymore to save your butt.  Kyla. You are lucky. Most teenagers do not have an opportunity of a life time to save the world or be the villian of it."

   Kyla smiled.

 "Danials.......You should be a drill Sargent or a general." She commented. She hugged the boy.  "I will miss you." Kyla freely said.

   Danials hugged her back. "Don’t forget to call once in a while!"  He said, breaking the hug momentarly minutes later. He had a wicked smile plastered d across his face almost to a lion's eager face when it had cornered a human prey.

   Kyla giggled at his statement.  "I won't." She said, and then gets a questionable look on her face. "I want to know...why most people not trust you. I mean you aren’t a great guy and all…Than the other boys who wanted to use me for greater purposes."

   Danials shamefully looks down.  "It's....kind of.....complicated." He hanged his head in shame. He did something so selfish and pretty brave in one move, that did not make up for lives that had been lost considerably avoidable if he had been there. Some people pitied him. While most did not.

   Kyla wiggled her nose.

  "Dear lord, you got to tell me!" Kyla said, her eyebrows hunched together. She appeared to be ready give out a unrelated fact, even long stylish bangs could hint her free rock-out style.  "Friend's don't keep secrets from each other. They need to know. Like partners."

Danials lifted his head up right at the setting sun making some beautful reflective light over roofs of many buildings. His eyes were indesciive in their pupil color. His face does not react to this beauty, but simply admires it and thinks it’s something good keeping this planet going. All in all.

  "Alright....I ditched my friends at a party over a FBI agent needing a spare person to help…and they used not a silvered up person to be their designated Driver. I freaking promised them to drive them!” He held his hands out, as if they were scorned in painful mistakes of blood. “Those drunkened friends of mine died in the car crash that night."

   Kyla's eyes became huge.

 "Woah...So..Brian Henderson, Faith Falls, Melody Muse,  Benard Box, and Winkly  Van were those...drunk people?" Kyla asked. "My Mom took me to the funeral of those people regardless that I did not know them.  Now I can't even go out to a freaking party because of that!"

 He laughed.

 "Yeah." Danials  said, rubbing the back of his head.

 "Why was the mission for the FBI so important?" Kyla asked, her eyes dappled in curiosity.

 He flipped open his IB-Phone and showed the screen to Kyla who's lavender eyes became huge and round at it.  Her mouth started stuttering. Kyla's long hair wavered over her shoulders carelessly making a shine in broad view. He unbuttoned his shirt and showed his right shoulder. There's a small bump in the shape of peanut located on the shoulder blade.

             "I took the shot for a cop."   Danials stated, touching the area that had been given this wound so long ago. His eye winced. The bullet had went through his white and blue checkered button up shirt and the light gray shirt he had underneath proved useless to the bullet’s path.

 Kyla realized what she had to do.

 "Danials...You are a genius!" She said, getting right up. She kissed him on the cheek earning a blush right then on his Caucasian face right after the planted red lip mark had been made. It didn’t seem too bright. It seemed very right for the occasion. Then Kyla ditches him.

            Danial's eyes blinked at once. "I...am...a what?" He repeated. “…At least she didn’t say I sparkled in the light. Eek, those darklight books have been ruining what I’m part of for years!” He shakes his hands. Danials got up. He has light gray fangs somewhat shining from the reflective light.  His hands are somewhat webbed. His ears are partially hidden by fur people would barely notice. There’s another thing  people do not know about him…He is blind as a bat.

He shrugged his shoulders together.

“At least she isn’t so dubious of herself.” He looked to the bright side, when the view pans over we see a black small creature similar to a bat fly over several buildings and dodge away from birds who could try to prey on it.  However, Danials is no longer standing on the roof. Where he once was.