Chapter 7: The talk

Natalie returned home. Her eyes settled on the filthy carpet.  ...Come on! She complained in her head. The woman rolled her eyes pretty annoyed. My daughter has the mind to flee from the hospital, leave dirt, and not take a ride from anyone! Aw pity. She puts her car keys onto the near counter.  Natalie flipped on the light.

The Woman nearly screamed when she witnessed The Steel Man drinking some hot coffee in a brown kitchen chair. The steam coming from the black and somewhat red mug has a scent, a scent which comes from only various types of coffee. Like homemade coffee.

"BRUCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" She shrieked. "Don't you dare scare me like that!"

 "You are so scare-able." Steel said with a laugh.  The woman notices he is the only one there. The floor seems to have cat paw marks all over the place. Great the cats joined in on the mess. The woman deduced. A frown grew on her face.

 She takes in a sigh.

“How did Kyla take it?” Natalie asked, oblivious to his pointy and sharp elf alike ears. He could have been born as a wrestler or a actor on Earth  if he hadn’t been created on Emorax, his home planet. Steel seems relaxed. "How?"

The Steel Man sips from the drink, then  he puts down the cup after gulping down the coffee cu ."She....wel...Sort of went into her werewolf form ,” He didn’t have to look up to know  Natalie’s eyebrows shot up. “Very early."

Natalie started to go towards her Daughter's room.

"She's just asleep!"  The Steel Man announced. "The Cats presences kept her from doing anything else, Natalie, you are lucky to have cats like Stripple. He's old. I can tell already. He didn't flinch or anything when she picked him up. I usually do not care about cats...but your family is an exception."

Natalie's eyes froze. "She...what??" She repeated, sitting down at the kitchen table. She looked to the side for a moment. Then up to the Steel Man. "What does...this mean for my girl?" Her eyes are seeking for answers. Answer that only a man who knew quite a handful of knowledge could know.   He sighed, picking up the coffee mug. He takes another sip and swallowed the drink.

"She needs training." Steel said, having the mug down from his mouth. He puts in what appears to be sugar into the coffee.  "This werewolf girl must learn to decide if she should use it for good or evil."           

Natalie raised an eyebrow of hers.".....So this means...my daughter needs to go for a while?" Natalie questioningly said aloud. Not a answerable question. "If she's going to go....Kyla needs to pack her belongings this may take a while Bruce, don't expect things to go this quick."

He nods.

"I know." He joined in. "That's why I am taking her to New Jersey in a few days." Natalie remembered fairly well of the story that involved him and an unlikely Superhero or maybe she did. Her memory isn’t the best.  However a different question is bugging the woman besides the obvious in her head.

            “Since when did you start drinking coffee?” The woman asked, her eyes are puzzled and hard to believe.  Steel is amused of her priceless expression which only could have come from an anime show or a comedy movie. Either way her puzzled face is hilarious to him.

            Steel puts the mug on the table as a smirk grew on his face.

       “On my search.” He replied.   He watched her face transformed into a ‘what’ face with the drawn out ‘a’. He shrugged. “Coffee’s actually good…but…” He holds up the coffee mug with disgust. “I do not understand how this homemade coffee made it through the box.”

             Natalie laughs.

"You know....Speedywoman will think you are still a villain." Natalie softly informed him. She had been told about what had happened in New Jersey  just one year before he met them. "I guess she will be Kyla's mentor on her powers."

 He nods. "I will try to make her understand....why I had to do everything." He tells her. The Steel Man was not the man she and Wolf had met so many years ago, this emoraxian had changed into somebody else sort of. He didn’t sound so mean. So be grudging. Natalie hadn’t noticed it last time.

"What if she doesn't believe you?" Natalie asked, her elbows are on the table  as her hands are on the side of her face.

"I will prove it to her.” Steel replied, holding up the mug. “That everything everyone thought of me is wrong.” He finishes the drink off.  "It will take a while for Kyla to pack...Soon I will be back in a day or two; I have something else to finish up." The Steel Man remarks. putting down the empty cup. Not one sign of coffee remained. "Yes I will call you before I come. I shall make sure of it!"