Chapter 1: Kyla's POV-The Steel Man

I was just five years old. Five years old when the Man made of Steel landed into my life. During a kidnapping when I was just five years old. I had my dad's eyes. Or so my mother told me, those pigments were truthfully purple. Everything was so blurry and quick. I did not know what was happening. My name is Kyla Tehnight Nedwood, mommy said my name is really special in a way. Most people I knew believed some stories and books were written in the best beginning ever in the first chapter, especially for a book series at most. However, I believe stories with terrible first chapters or prologues…they can become the best.

            Now, my story, actually this story begins a long time ago before 2027 hit the super-markets. My parents had let the babysitter Rachel Indiana Jones take me to the park during the time frame 2017. I believe it could have been March maybe April the first. Yes, April 5th is when I nearly got kidnapped for real. I was playing with some other toddlers. We were having baby talk that I almost do not remember.

  “Hey kid, want an icecream cone?” A voice from behind me asks.

 The upcoming events are something that is not hazy to my brain. I turned myself around to see these two odd men having black ski masks almost over their heads completed by black jackets, black pants, black boots, black long sleeve shirt, and both of them wore silver buckles that seemed to have markings of a stallion at the middle. I didn’t know these men. At that time I didn’t know about strange danger nor was I aware that everything is not free.

            “Sure!” I said, helping myself up.

One man grabbed me by the hand then ran faster than mommy running to get some errands done at the market. I tried to screaming loud as I could but the man covered my mouth. My babysitter stood up seeing me being taken away. I heard her scream for help.

“How much money do you think we’ll get from her parents?” One man asked the one holding me. He has his ski mask pulled down over his face everything is so blurry right now. I am just really scared. Every kid in this situation wants a superhero to sweep in and save them; some of them watch their forest terrible horror movie believing a superhero will swoop in to save the girl being killed. Though. they are greeted by the screen that drabbles blood. I watched my first terrible horror movie at the age fourteen, my superhero fantasies were swept away that day.

“Two hundred bucks, give it or take.” The man holding me replied, I guess a good hour must have passed. Police sirens were screeching the air. The two men were still searching for their vehicle. “Ah come on. Do  not tell me you parked the van at the  park!”  I was wedged in between them with a big coat covering my face.

.           “…I swear I had parked it somewhere!” The man said, hearing a ringing in his pocket. He takes it out. “…Great they are calling already!” They both seemed to be worried and much unprepared to give my parents a call. There’s a blue van to the left unlocked with a bumper sticker saying “TARDITRAILER.”

            “Let’s take The Free Van ‘o Biel!” They went and got the window jimmed then got the keys to work. Nobody is on this street. I learned later on that was a bad part of town and I’m really lucky not a sign of gangster, moffa, and mobs weren’t there. The men begin to get me into the vehicle.

   When suddenly….There was a voice: "Drop the child."

              The two tall men in black ski masks look forward, I was confused. And scared. So then my little child head turned to see this strange man. Who appeared to be wearing a black and silver suit? It was that strange man; He is bald like the guy out of Bennie the orphaned girl. His body is glowing in this light blue ocean water color that I can’t really describe but it’s best to say it’s somewhat translucent. His body is a light gray underneath all that light somewhat outlining some of the scales I can see decorated his body.