Euphoric Reality - 21

"So Kyouka, what's your excuse on why you didn't confess to Yaoyorozu?" Sero asked as soon as the call connected. Pretending as if he connected all the dots on why Kyouka prompted a group phone call. His smile was cocky, awaiting the eventual pile of excuses Kyouka would give them.

Though Kyouka would typically find her friend's comments annoying, even if it was justified, it couldn't ruin her cheerful mood. It was as if the comment itself flew over her head. "I did confess to her," Kyouka whispered, an infectious grin making its way up her face. She resisted the urge to stuff her face into her pillow as her cheeks turned pink with embarrassment. "We're together now. That's why I called." Her tone was gentle, something that though they knew existed rarely heard.

"Huh?" Sero dumbly said, his eyes widening. His brain slowly processed Kyouka's words before he heard a loud screech from Mina. "What the fuck?"

"Wait, you did?!" Denki butted in immediately after, his voice hurting Kyouka's ears in combination with Mina's. She could slowly hear Mina's screech turn into silent whispers of excitement.

Kyouka groaned, taking off her left earphone, sighing exasperatedly. "Would you calm down?" she asked. "You'll end up spoiling my good mood." Her current mood seems to only deeply contrast to her prior actions before the phone call. Where she danced around her room as if she was a child again with overwhelming nerves she didn't know how to deal with. She would laugh and uncharacteristically squeal, absolutely giddy with excitement. It was embarrassing and something she buried deep to tell no one.

"How?" Kirishima paused, blinking as he slowly processed Kyouka's words, absolutely astonished. "How in the world did this happen?" Despite saying nothing, he truly doubted that Kyouka would confess her feelings.

A rush of embarrassment tingled from Kyouka's ears to her cheeks as it took her back to what happened earlier that day. "We were hugging and it kind of was just brought up," Kyouka said, her voice cracking as she spoke. She looked to the side, staring at her door as if her friends were looking at her through the phone. Despite attempting to bring it up casually, everyone realized how embarrassed yet excited she was.

"Brought up?" Mina repeated. "How do you go from hugging to getting a girlfriend?"

The word girlfriend fell off Mina's tongue naturally, and it seemed to only embarrass Kyouka even more. She kicked her legs back and forth, laying on her stomach on her bed. Her phone was to her side connected to her earphones as she covered her face despite no one being present to see how red her face was.

"The fact you think Kyouka will actually tell us that," Sero replied for Kyouka. "We all know she won't go into the details."

"It just happened," she mumbled. "That's all that should matter. It doesn't matter how."

A beat of silence passed before Bakugou spoke for the first time during the call. "I guess I should've had more confidence in you," Bakugou commented in a hushed tone, despite all of his friends being able to hear him.

"Honestly," Kyouka earnestly spoke. "I wasn't going to do it. In a way, she prompted me to confess."

Bakugou groaned. "What do you want me to say? I'll never have confidence in you ever again?" Bakugou snidely whispered underneath his breath. He ignored the random comments that Mina and Sero responded with, his ears tuning in once Denki spoke in a smug tone.

"So how was it?" He asked, smirking, practically desperate to see how embarrassed Kyouka was.

"What?" Kyouka said in confusion. "Oh, we didn't kiss." She whispered, her brain slowly connecting the dots.

"You've got to be kidding me," Sero groaned. "The moment one thing ends, there's another thing to hear about."

"Wait, I would never have told you that information in the first place," Kyouka spoke.