Past Memories - 14

Kyouka didn't know whether or not she'd consider herself lucky. On one hand, she considered herself unlucky to find out Y.M's identity through sheer coincidence. On the other hand, she considered herself lucky to find out her identity on a Friday. Though two days to be free with all her thoughts, probably wasn't ideal. Especially when the thoughts still haunted her from time to time. Things weren't that easy, and it couldn't be that easy. She had to do things out of her comfort zone to move forward. She wanted to move forward with Yaoyorozu, she just didn't know how to approach things. The longer she dwelled on how, the more her insecurities from before would seep in. It terrified her to be left alone with her thoughts for long.

Sighing, Kyouka dialed Kirishima's number. Despite him only being here yesterday, something prodded at her brain consistently. As if the thought itself was a leach that stuck to her until she did something about it.

"Hey Kyouka," his positive tone seeped through the receiver. She could tell Kirishima was smiling. "What'd you call for?"

"Before I start, let me say I figured out the answer to number three on your math worksheet," Kyouka said. She felt guilty if she only talked to Kirishima with the purpose of talking about something that bothered her. "I'll send you the work after I'm done calling you."

"Thank you, man. You're a real one!" Kirishima responded. "So what's on your mind about Yaoyorozu?"

Of course, he knew what Kyouka's intentions were before she could even speak on it.

Kyouka sighed. Her hand ran through her short hair. "Do you know anything about Yaoyorozu? You were the one who knew her name and stuff."

Kirishima bit his lip as he pondered his response. She could hear the tapping of his pen, filling the moment of silence on the phone call. "I've never talked to her personally, but I've heard some of my classmates talk about her."

Kyouka slumped into her chair, letting out a loud sigh. "Of course!" She started her tone loud as she spoke. "Of course, she's popular enough to be talked about during classes. Completely foolish of me to not consider that." Her tone was snarky, dripping with sarcasm.

"Not popular enough for you to know her name," Kirishima replied. "Do you want to know what they said about her?"

"Is it creepy for me to ask?" she whispered underneath her breath. Her voice wasn't loud enough to be heard by the other. "Just don't tell me some baseless rumors or perverted comments they had towards her."

"Most of them were perverted comments, to be honest," he laughed awkwardly, trying to lighten up the mood.

Kyouka's blood boiled the moment Kirishima admitted to that. She wasn't blind. She knew Yaoyorozu had assets she lacked, and going down this train would not be good for any of her insecurities. Especially with past insecurities that she overcame back in high school. What surprised her the most was that her insecurities weren't what bothered her the most. It was the fact people made those comments about her. It was the fact some perverted low lives ran their mouths with no care in the world. She doubted any of them knew her personally enough to speak like that about her, let alone the fact if she would be okay with it. Kyouka felt overprotective of Yaoyorozu with how frustrated she was over it. She wishes she could just stab them in the eye somehow. She felt angry and frustrated with so many things at once. The people that talked about Yaoyorozu like that and the fact Yaoyorozu herself could make her feel so many emotions frustrated her. It wasn't fair. She wasn't even sure if she made Yaoyorozu feel that many emotions.

"Of course, there’s perverted comments," she spat out like the sentiment itself was appalling. "What else is there?" She sighed, her frustration from before diminishing.