Seeing You - 15

Kyouka felt like she needed a plan to tell Yaoyorozu that she knows of her identity. A plan would make her feel organized and if she went over it in her head enough, then she'd have enough confidence to execute it. She hesitated over the idea of passing her a letter. It would avoid speaking, but she hated how unprofessional it seemed. Her pen tapped on her table in a steady rhythm, writing a letter just in case.

To you, this was only a day. To you, it was just a weekend. Yet, for me, it seemed like everything was changing and there was always something on my mind.

Kyouka groaned. "I'm not writing a fucking emotional piece of poetry."

Oh hey, just dropping in to say you're really pretty. Saw you when I was about to put a letter in your locker. Did I ever mention I know who you are? It's hilarious if I ignore how insignificant you make me feel.

Kyouka immediately threw the tiny piece of paper, ripped from her notebook, into the trash can. "I'm not dumping my insecurities on Yaoyorozu."

Hey, this is going to be my last letter to you since you'll probably drop me after this.

"No, she won't!" Kyouka screamed at no one in particular. She needed to be more positive about the whole thing if she actually wanted Y.M to see K.J as Kyouka Jirou. She thought back to the initials and wrote up a small note. Seeing as it was her best option, she put it into her pocket.

She planned on approaching Yaoyorozu and talking to her. She felt like Yaoyorozu deserved at least that much. With a loud sigh, she got up from her desk and put her backpack over her shoulder. She couldn't help but wish she planned things out on Sunday, rather than waiting for the day of.

Kyouka's footsteps were slow as she walked to school. She was nervous, and it wasn't like she had a class to go to for the first period. All she had to do was get there early enough so as to not waste any of Yaoyorozu's time. Her brain went over things she could possibly say or start with. Each line she thought of was immediately pushed aside because nothing seemed like enough. One greeting seemed too brief and basic, especially considering they already knew each other emotionally. Whereas another made it seem like Kyouka was burying Yaoyorozu in her guilt. By the time she arrived at school, she stopped at the front door.

This was it.

The moment she walked through that door and found Yaoyorozu, her life would change forever. She could cross the line that would make their worlds collide or run away and turn back as she had done before.

She clenched her fist, taking a deep breath as she took the first step through that door. Looking around the school, she saw a few people around. She hoped she'd see Yaoyorozu as she'd hate to wait. Any longer time spent waiting would make even a single second seem like a minute to her.

As she continued her way down the hall, descending further towards Yaoyorozu's locker, she saw a tall figure with a ponytail. Kyouka saw Yaoyorozu approaching her locker. She needed to talk to her. She needed to catch her attention somehow.

In a panic, she let her voice run. "Hey!" Her tone was awkward and the moment she spoke, it was like she froze into place. Yaoyorozu looked around to see if she was the one really being talked to. With a glance, she looked at her over her shoulder.

She saw her. Yaoyorozu saw her.

"Hi, is there anything I can do for you?" she asked, finally facing Kyouka as she tilted her head in confusion.

Words were lost in Kyouka's throat. Everything she planned before seemed to fade away and all she left herself in was an awkward situation. "Well, no," she answered. Before she could even attempt to speak, Yaoyorozu replied, obviously awkward in this situation.