"October 10" (31)

The next day they all met up at the hospital

The next day they all met up at the hospital. When they walked in they could hear both Imani and Kristen's laughter. Although Janaya was very reluctant, after a very long conversation she was finally ok with Kristen going to live with his aunt. They were just finishing up the conversation until Janaya gasped. 

"We won't go to the same school anymore." She ran up to Kristen who was laying on his bed. She pushed Imani away who was sitting on his bed and immediately clung to him. 

"I changed my mind," she declared, "he's staying with me."

"It's already finalized, hon" responded Jervonte, "we didn't have a choice, to begin with." 

"So you just gonna leave him with her?" she asked saying 'her' with so much disgust.

"If I may interject I li–" Imani was starting to say. 

"If you must." She interrupted with a heavy sigh.

"Like I was gonna say...I don't live too far from here. Meaning I live in the same district as your school. Meaning you guys will continue to go to the same school.

"YAY!" both kids yelled at the same time. 

Neither one of them wanted to leave the other. They have been through so much in the last few days that they didn't want to leave each other. Kristen felt like he owed his life to Janaya. She was his first real friend at school, stuck up for him at school and in his horrid home. Janaya felt like Kristen was her little warrior. Like a little brother that you always stick up for. This situation that was supposed to tear Kristen apart brought him and Janaya together as a family. 

"I like you a little bit more now!" Janaya exclaimed. Pinching her fingers and leaving a little space in between to show how little. 

This also brought his biological family to him. Ever since his parents took him away to be druggies they have felt an emptiness in their hearts. Kristen's cousins don't know about him. Either they weren't here when Kristen was around or they were too young to remember. The adults didn't want to talk to them about it, because they were devastated when it happened and didn't want to bring back old memories. 

After a couple more hours Imani went to sign Kristen out, and they were on their way to get Kristen settled in his new home

After a couple more hours Imani went to sign Kristen out, and they were on their way to get Kristen settled in his new home. Imani already informed the Williams family that Kristen would not be attending the next week of school. He would be meeting his family and getting used to living in a new environment. 

The Williams family all pilled up in the car after eating dinner at Copper River. They drove home, but something didn't feel right. They felt like something was missing. Like they forgot something. 

 "Hey, Uh, what's today's date?" asked Jamar

"October 10th," Jahmal says after looking at his phone. "October 10th," he says again but this time he mumbles it. 

"Oh, Um...I'm gonna go to bed. Goodnight." said Julian and he awkwardly made his way upstairs and into his room. 

"Umm...me too" Jahmal said rushing upstairs. 

"I need to get my beauty sleep. So I'm gonna go to my room." Jamar said rocking back and forth on his feet before dashing to his room. He almost tripped twice while going up the stairs.

"Goodnight dad, goodnight, Janaya," Jervonte says while going to kiss Janaya on the forehead before going to his room. 

"Goodnight Janaya," Andre says lowly as he goes and kisses Janaya on the forehead too. "Sweet dreams," he mumbles before walking up the stairs to his room.

Janaya sat there in the living room trying to think about what happened. She repeatedly asked herself at that moment. What happened? Did she do anything? What happened on October 10th? She just shook off her feelings and tried to keep positive thoughts in her mind. She went upstairs, took a shower, completed her hygiene, and went to sleep happy and confused. She was happy that Kristen for now own will be happy for real and not for fake. She was confused about what had happened on the date.

 She was confused about what had happened on the date

Thank you for reading this chapter!!!

Comment and Vote Please!!!