"Promise me" (22)

It had been a few days since the incident, and it was now Friday

It had been a few days since the incident, and it was now Friday. They all had gone to school every day since then, and Janaya and D'Shaun's relationship was mended that day over ice cream. She was proud and happy that he joined the fight against the Rumplestiltskin, old man. The only reason why Janaya was upset was that they didn't get her Chick-fil-A 'cause they had left right after the adults were able to get the kids off the disgrace to humankind.

Janaya had just gotten dropped off at school, and she went all the way to her first class. When she walked in she noticed this and shrugged it off. She thought his parents were bringing him to school, instead of him taking the bus like he usually does. Kristen soon comes into the room, but something is wrong with him. He was limping. 

Janaya looked at him, and some things clicked. She remembered what had happened to her in the past, and him limping sent her into a flashback. She shrugged it off, what had happened to Janaya in the past disturbs her, but she got over it. She had to realize, with the help of her father when he was still here, that she can't let the past define her. So that's what she has chosen not to do. She puts her past right where it's supposed to be, in the past, and leaves it alone. 

The rest of the day Janaya kept a close eye on her BFF just to see if there were any other signs. For a young girl, she was doing things that some adults don't do. She was being considerate of others. She noticed other signs of him being abused, like him flinching over normal things and being quieter. 

Soon it was the end of the school day. Janaya was called to go to the car line, like a normal day. So she went to go give a kiss on the cheek to D'Shaun, and then a hug to Kristen. He flinched when he first felt Janaya's arms around him, but then soon relaxed knowing it was her. Janaya slipped her phone out of her book bag. She was debating doing this all day but soon came to the conclusion that it was the right thing to do. She gave him her phone. 

"Call or text me if you need anything. I already put my tablet's iCloud in there." Janaya whispered in his ear, slipping the phone in his hands. 

Kristen silently nodded and started to get visibly nervous not knowing if Janaya knew what was going on at his house. It wasn't home to him anymore. Janaya wasn't satisfied with his answer. 

"Promise me, if anything happens you will call me. You can call me even if you just want somebody to talk to." Janaya asked looking him in the eyes with an even more serious look than before. 

"I promise," Kristen said with a nod. Janaya let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and then walked to the car rider's line to hop in her car. 

Janaya hopped in the car with Andre inside. She began telling him about her day, and leaving out the parts when she was stalking Kristen's every move. 

When she got home she did her homework, played a couple of games with her newfound family, and then got ready for dinner. After dinner, she got a call on her tablet. She hurried to answer it knowing it was Kristen. 

When she answered it, immediately she heard, "How did you know?" 

Janaya let out a breath again. Knowing that he wasn't in trouble relieved her. "Huh?" 

"How did you know that I was getting hurt at home?" He asked again. 

"I noticed the signs" Janaya added with a shrug. Kristen huffed wanting to know more, but she was being so vague. 

"How do you know the signs to look for?" He asked getting annoyed. 

"I was abused by my nanny who would watch me during the day while my biological dad went to school." Janaya paused. "He was young, and he had a family, but his family didn't know about me." 

"When my father found out I was getting abused he was so mad. He fired the nanny and got my mother's mother to watch me. One day my father went out but never came back to get me. I know he still thinks of me, I mean how couldn't he, but sometimes I do miss him." Janaya said fully telling him her story. 

"What happened to your mother?" Kristen asked.

"I don't know, I don't remember her. But every time I brought her up to my dad he would automatically get sad, and avoid, my questions." Janaya responds feeling sad about the topic of not knowing her mother. 

"Why did you leave your mother's mother?"

"Because she never paid attention to me, I guess you could say that she neglected me," Janaya said looking at the blank wall. His questions made her think about her life. 

"So the people you live with aren't your biological family?" Kristen asked.

"Nope, at least not to my knowledge," Janaya responded. 

They continued to talk until Kristen started to doze off on the phone, soon they both fell asleep. 

Thank you for reading this chapter!!!

Comment and Vote Please!!!