"Get it I guess" (9)

It has been two days since the mall trip/fiasco

It has been two days since the mall trip/fiasco. Today was Monday, and also Janaya's first day at her new school. She was excited, but she also didn't want to go to school. I mean, who does. She had set her alarm the day before so she would be able to wake up and get dressed. She set it one hour and thirty minutes before the time that she had to leave. 

She had just woken up and was staring at the wall. Her everyday thing. Jahmal and Jamar were both heading down to her room. They were tasked to wake her up, but in this case, it was to make sure she was awake. 

They walked into her staring at the wall. "Janaya, you ok?" asked Jahmal slightly worried. She continued to stare at the wall, completely ignoring him. After a few minutes of the boys, in her room, calling her name she finally snapped out of her trance. 

"Why are you guys in my room?" she asks them getting straight to the point. "We were tasked to wake you up." Jahmal says "Oh" Janaya responds getting fully out of her bed heading to the bathroom. 

"Did you hear us when we were calling you name?" asked Jahmal who was still worried. "Yes, I heard you, but I tuned you out," Janaya says with a shrug of her shoulders. She was preparing her toothbrush to brush her teeth. 

"Hey, can you guys leave, so I can maybe get dressed to go to school?" She asked the boys who had gotten comfortable on her bed. "Yea," They both replied, and soon left. 

Janaya finished getting ready and ran downstairs to have a light breakfast. Meaning she grabbed an apple and sat down. "That's all you going to eat?" Asked Andre. He was slightly confused because he knew that she likes to eat. 

"Yep, I'm not fully awake yet. Meaning I won't be able to enjoy my food that much." She says while nodding her head. After she finished her apple she went into the kitchen to stuff her bag with snacks. Going into school for 7-8 hours, and only eating once (lunch) and possibly no snacks, is one of her recurring nightmares.

"Are you ready?" shouted Jahmal. He, Jamar, and Julian were going to drop her off on their way to their school. "Yea" she shouted back running from the kitchen. She ran all the way to the car. 

Everyone got in the car with the song "Weekend" by Candice Boyd playing quietly in the back.                                                                    (song at the top👆🏾👆🏾👆🏾)

"You ready to go to school," asked Jahmal trying to start a conversation. "Yep, I'm going to go in like I own the place. Which I do" Janaya said doing the period motion. 

"Get it I guess," Jamar said under his breath. They finally got to her school, and she jumped out and started to run into school. She shouted a bye over her shoulder, before actually opening the doors going inside. The boys in the car shook their heads and headed off to their own school. She knew exactly what to do since Jervonte had gone over this a million times with her.

Going into the school she was met with a bunch of kids talking. The first class hasn't started yet, but it was going to start soon. Noticing that Janaya went up to the first nice-looking person she saw which was a little boy. Who looked about her age. "Hey," She asked the little boy. The boy pointed to himself, silently asking him if she was talking to him. 

"Yes, I'm talking to you. Can you show me the way to the office?" She asked. "Yes," The little boy said still shocked that someone was talking to him at school.

He was a quiet boy, and he has his reasons to be, but that's a different chapter😉.  He had no friends at school. He knew that she was new by the way that she didn't know where the office was. He was sure that when she was more associated with people in School, she would stop talking to him. He didn't want to get his hopes up. 

"My name is Janaya by the way," Janaya said as they were walking down the hall. "My name is Kristen" 

Thank you for reading this chapter!!!

Comment and Vote Please!!!