Ch 4. Learning Sacrifice

Disclaimer: I do not own anything (Picture, Video, or Show/Anime)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku hadn't expected this to happen once he started the physical test.

He started the test by giving an unfortunate purple haired teen one of the robots blasters that was still operational, hoping it give the kid a chance. Then he had swept the floor with most of the robots in his immediate area, but it was the Zero pointer robot that was the unexpected aspect.

He had initially decided to run for it, but then he spotted Ochaco laying under some rubble.

It's funny how much fear rushed through him, when in his previous life he wouldn't have blinked at the idea of leaving the girl there. He had vow to keep though, one he was willing to put his all into. With a grim frown he leaped into the air, using ten percent of the power available to him, he punched the robot destroying it before falling to the ground.

Ochaco managed to save him, but that wasn't the end. Mere moments before the test ended a two pointed pointed its blaster a Kacchan while the other teen was distracted, without thinking he ran over just in time to push Kacchan out of the way. Only to take the blast instead, just as Present Mic ended the test.

Izuku was thrown into a wall, his entire chest and stomach hurting like there was no tomorrow. He looked down to see a piece of rubble, specifically a pole sticking through his stomach.

'Well...that was not expected.' Izuku thought as he coughed up a pool of blood. The users of One For All were poring their energy into keeping him alive, but Izuku was unsure of how successful they would be. The Quirk wasn't a healing one, it was unlikely they would succeed.

'Brother hold on, stay awake for a little longer.' Yoichi's voice cut into the thoughts of Izuku, the ancient teen simply smiled solemnly.

'I don't know if I can do that, little brother.' Izuku responded, his vision already going blurry from blood loss.

'No, no, no, no....you still have people to save!' Yoichi shouted in his head.' Don't think your getting out of your redemption arc that easily!'

Izuku coughed up more blood, watching as Kacchan sobbed next to him. Ochaco looked horrified and scared and the other contestants were whispering, crying, or shouting for help. It was endearing to see people care for him, even if he knew they wouldn't if they knew the truth of who he was.

'I told you, little brother.' Izuku thought sluggishly.' There's no such thing as redemption for me, I am truly sorry for everything I've done to you all....I just hope that this makes you all happy.'

With that thought, Izuku let himself fade, not expecting to ever wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Izuku opened his eyes to the sounds of machines beeping, looking around he noted he was a hospital bed. He had survived, the thought was almost unbelievable. No one was in the room, but he knew that some would check on him eventually. He immediately remembered his conversation with Yoichi, concern rising as he noted how silent his brother was being.

His vision began fading as he fell into unconsciousness once more, this time however he appeared in the void. It was his second time here, the other users didn't want to see his face more then necessary. He hadn't seen them since he had first obtained One For All, but the expressions on their faces were much different then they had been before.