(17) 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE FEELS CONSTANT TAPPING ON HER CHEEK, distant voices that sounded fuzzy as they slowly got louder. Her whole body felt drained, she didn't know if this is what death felt like. Was she just stuck in a limbo? That was until a more harsh slap was felt and she jolts slightly.
"Adelaide?" A voice asks as her body now shakes. Adelaide felt her eyebrows furrow as she tilted her head to the side. "Adelaide!" The voice says again, this time more urgently as they shake her again.

"Is she dead?" Another voice asks and she can faintly recognize who's talking but she can't pinpoint it. Her eyes slowly open, blurry figures clouding her vision. Someone was waving their hand infront of her, slapping her cheek again.

"No." Jaces voice was now more evident as the sound of buzzing fades. Adelaide groans as she could barely find the strength to keep her eyes open.

"Jace?" She asks softly, her voice cracking. Jace was relieved that he got her to wake up but she still didn't look the best.

"Yeah, we have to go." Jace tells her as he grabs her arms, starting to pull her up but Adelaide could barely stand let alone move a muscle. She shakes her head weakly, her eyes fluttering closed.

"I can't walk Jace." She mumbles as her head rolls back against the chair. Jace sighs as he glanced at Simon who didn't know what to do. Jace wraps one arm around his shoulder before raising an eyebrow at the vampire.

"Simon." He says loudly and Simon springs into action, taking her other arm. They both lift her up, her deadweight leaning on them. Adelaide glanced over slowly, seeing Valentine on the floor. "We have to destroy the sword." Jace tells him and Simon nods his head. They both start walking out of the room, practically dragging Adelaide with them. "Nice moves back there." Jace tells Simon who smiles lightly.

"Thanks, I've been practicing." Simon replies before glancing at Adelaide who kept fluttering her eyes open and closed. "Is she gonna be okay?" He asks as he almost loses his grip but luckily straightens it out.

"I think so." Jace states but he didn't actually know what happened so he couldn't tell him yes.

"Can't we put her somewhere, she's kinda heavy." Simon pipes up as it would be different if she could help them a little bit. Jace only glares at him slightly, using his free hand to slap his shoulder.

"I'm not risking Valentine getting her again." Jace denies as he clenches his jaw. Adelaide groans, her head rolling onto the blondes shoulder. Jace glanced down at her, wondering what Valentine did to get her so weak, it wasn't just from her being knocked out.