(33) 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC WAS JUST STARING AT ADELAIDE AS SHE FOCUSED ON THE TABLET IN HER HAND. They were trying to pin point where the demons were but they haven't had any luck so far. Adelaide moves her eyes, catching the man looking at her. She gives him a curious look, raising an eyebrow at him. Alec clears his throat, moving towards her as she stood next to Isabelle. "You should go." Alec tells her softly as he leans his hand against the table. Adelaide only stares at him, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Go where?" Adelaide asks him as she places her tablet down on the table and turns her body to the man.

"Idris, help Jace and Clary." Alec tells her and Adelaides eyes just widen slightly. Usually his first instinct is to keep her at the institute but here he was telling her to go to Idris to fight Valentine.

"We can stay back and handle the demons." Isabelle adds, knowing it was the best course of action. Adelaide looked a little bit hesitant as she didn't know if she should be leaving right now.

"You can break through the wards." Alec states as her magic was powerful enough to get through to Idris without them having to take the wards down around the city.

"I'm not gonna leave you guys here." Adelaide denies as she shakes her head but Alec only grabs a hold of her hand.

"You're of more use over there, with them" Alec tells her as they needed as much man power as they could to fight Valentine. He and his sister could handle a few rogue demons. Adelaide still looked like she wanted to stay but she only nods her head.

"Okay." Adelaide says with a sigh as she gazes up at Alec.

"Please, be safe." Alec says, his voice full of worry as he strokes her cheek. Adelaide only nods her head, her breathing a little bit erratic. Alec goes to pull away but she only holds his neck, pulling him down into a kiss. Alec wraps his arms around her, pulling her closer as their lips meet passionately. Adelaide sighs as she leans against him, her hands coming up to his cheeks as she deepens the kiss, her tongue swirling with his.

She pulls back to take a breath before she kisses him once again. Alec grips her jacket, holding her closer before their lips start to slow down. Adelaide kisses him softly before finally letting their lips part. They were both out of breath, Alecs face flushed as he opens his eyes, gazing down at her.
She only softly rubs the skin of his cheek, a smile on her lips. "I love you." Adelaide tells him as she rests her forehead against hers. Alec returns the smile as he closes his eyes for another moment.

"I love you too."

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎