(32) 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

THE GROUP WATCH AS ADELAIDE WALKS DOWN THE HALL ANGRILY, ignoring Magnus who called her name numerous times while she was leaving the room. Clary frowns as she places a hand on her hip, her eyes moving to the others. By Adelaide's reaction to what Magnus said and told the Seelie Queen, there was no doubting that she had any clue about what was going on. "I'm guessing she didn't know about Magnus?" Clary asks as she herself was startled by Magnus bringing the seelie queen in. The Queen wasn't exactly to be trusted.

"None of us did." Isabelle replies as she crosses her arms against her chest. She glanced up at her brother who looked like he was still figuring out what the hell just happened in the meeting. Jace puts his hand on Alec's shoulder to gain his attention.

"Is she gonna be okay?" He asks as he looks up at his parabatai. Alec sighs as he bites the inside of his cheek. He honestly never knew with Adelaide, she could either be completely fine or just ignore the whole thing until it comes out later. Alec looks at Jace before jogging after Adelaide.

"Hey, stop." Alec tells her as he grabs her arm, pulling her to a halt. Adelaide clenches her jaw as she stared down at the ground, feeling Alec hand on her skin. "Don't think about what she said okay? We're gonna protect you." He assures her as he puts his thumb underneath her chin to tilt her head up. Adelaide sighs as she meets his eyes, shrugging her shoulders.

"Alec, I don't care about what the seelie queen said." Adelaide admits as she knew the seelie queen was just trying to scare her. But Adelaide didn't ever listen to a word coming out of her mouth and she wasn't about to start now. Alec notices her gaze fall again making his thumb rub her cheek.

"Then it's Magnus." He points out as he could see the way Adelaide was glaring at the warlock when they were in the meeting. If the seelie queen isn't what made her angry, then it was surely Magnus.

"With everything that just happened..He didn't even try to tell me." Adelaide says as she shakes her head, her breathing a little bit more heavy as she felt the rage running through her body, her fists clenching together.

"At least they're still looking for valentine." Alec retorts as they were still looking for Valentine, the downworlders were just not telling the shadowhunters what they discovered. Adelaide only scoffs as she rolls her eyes.

"Do you think the seelie queen actually cares? Do you forget what happened in the uprising?" Adelaide asks as she seemed to be the only one who remembered that the seelie queen loved taking the winning side, no matter who's side that.

"I think we just need to take a deep breath." Alec tells hers as he rests his hands on her shoulders. Adelaide meets his eyes yet again before doing what he told her. She takes a deep breath in, holding it for a moment before letting the air leave her lips. She groans as she rests her head against his chest.