(7) 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS BUSY TRYING TO GET HER HAIR TO STAY UP IN A PONYTAIL, when Jace storms into her room, slamming the door shut and moving over to her bed. He throws himself on it, landing on his back and huffing out a loud groan. Adelaide raises an eyebrow as she turns around to look at the man sulking. "Good morning to you too." She responds with a smirk as she gets up from her chair. Jace only sighs as he shakes his head.

"Aldertree is getting on my nerves. Stuck me on the shit that first years do." Jace sneers as he scoffs, rolling his eyes. Adelaide purses her lips together as he moves further on the bed to get comfy.

"I just made--" Adelaide starts to say as she points at her now wrinkled bed but she stops herself as he had already ruined it.

"If I knew that the new head of the institute was this bad, I'd have stuck with Valentine." Jace states nonchalantly which makes Adelaide raise an eyebrow at him. "You know what I mean." He mumbled as he definitely wouldn't ever go back to Valentine but Aldertree was too much of a buzzkill.

"Misery loves company." Adelaide mumbles as she glanced towards Jace. He chuckled lightly, shaking his head. "I get it. Aldertree is an ass. He did try and kick me out." She pipes up making Jace's eyes widen even more. He had no idea that Aldertree tried to kick her out and that did not help him like the man.

"What?" Jace asks with a scoff as he sits up and Adelaide knew that she shouldn't have told him that right now.

"Okay, you didn't need any more fuel to be riled up." Adelaide mutters as she sits down next to him and puts her hand on his shoulder. "Just take a deep breath." She tells him and he nods his head, doing what she says but it didn't work. Jace was too angry at Aldertree to be calm.

"I just need to get rid of this pent up energy." Jace mumbles, running a hand through his hair before his eyes land back on Adelaide. She knew exactly what that meant and that made her eyes widen as she saw him move an inch closer to her.

"Uh, um-" She panics as she gets up from beside him, making him stop his movement. "I- funny actually.." Adelaide says as she rubs the back of her neck, Jace only raising an eyebrow expectantly. "I can't." She tells him, finally getting it out and Jace only stares at her for a minute. As if trying to process what she just said.

"I have never heard Adelaide storm say she couldn't do something." Jace says with a snort as he licks his bottom lip. Adelaide rolls her eyes a little bit but she knew it was a bit weird how she was turning him down.