(15) 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE SPLASHES WATER ON HER FACE, her breathing heavy as she looks at herself in the mirror. She closes her eyes for a moment but all she can see are her mother's pleas. She gasps, opening her eyes as she feels tears prickle. Adelaide sniffles, shaking her head before grabbing her makeup and starting to apply it. Her hands were shaky as she stared at herself, she couldn't help but drop her hands to the edge of the sink and lean her head down for a minute. A knock on the door catches her attention as she tries to calm herself down.

"Adelaide? Are you still in there?" Alec's voice calls out as he stands on the other side of the door. She had gone in about twenty minutes ago and he hasn't heard anything inside. He knocks again softly as he leans against the door frame. Adelaide lifts her head, as she brushes her hair out of her face.

"Yeah." She replies, clearing her throat as she felt her voice crack a little. "I'll be out in a minute." Adelaide tells him as she regains her composure and starts applying her lipstick. Alec was still standing outside the door, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Is everything okay?" He asks and she sighs, bringing her hand up to her eyes for a moment. She tilts her head, clenching her fingers.

"Yeah." Adelaide responds before putting her makeup away and looking at herself one last time in the mirror. She takes a deep breath before turning around and going towards the door. Unlocking it, she opens it, being met with Alec who had a concerned expression on his face.

"Are you sure you're alright? You were in there for quite a while." Alec points out as he puts his hand on her arm and softly rubs it. She only smiles softly up at him, nodding her head. Adelaide didn't want to worry him with her problems and besides, it was her burden because she killed her mother.

"I'm fine." Adelaide tells him as she feels him take her hand in his.

"Is it because of yesterday?" He asks, his face obviously showing worry that he did something wrong. Adelaide looks at him, furrowing her eyebrows.

"What?" Adelaide asks confused before it registers in her brain and she shakes her head. "No, Alec. Yesterday was perfect." She assured him as she squeezes his hand before pulling away and going to walk out the bathroom.

"Really?" Alec asks, his voice a little wary as he stares down at her. Adelaide only sighs, as she brings her hand up to her head.

"Alec, stop doubting yourself. Please." She pleads as she closes her eyes for a moment. Adelaide wasn't annoyed, she was just exhausted, mentally and emotionally.