(30) 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

(TW: Sexual assault, I will mark the area where it is with a ××× please do not read it if you are uncomfortable or if it will affect you)

ADELAIDE WAS LEANT AGAINST ALEC IN HIS OFFICE AS THE GROUP TALK ABOUT WHAT HAD JUST HAPPENED. She felt him running his fingers through her hair, leaving soft kisses on the top of her head.
"Saving me from Azazel. It must have all be a part of Jonathan's plan." Isabelle says as she shakes her head, looking down at her hands as she felt like it was all her fault. "I was the one to bring him to the institute." She states as she closes her eyes for a moment. Alec looks over at his sister, a sigh leaving his lips.

"Don't. We're all responsible for this." Alec admits as they all had let their guard down around Sebastian which is why he was able to fool them so easily.

"At least now we know valentine can never get the mirror and raise the angel." Clary points out as she runs a hand through her hair but Jace only shakes his head.

"I'm not so sure. Look, even with our pure angel blood, doesn't it seem strange that Clarys runes would be powerful enough to destroy a mortal instrument?" Jace asks confused as he glanced around at the group. Isabelle shrugs her shoulders before gesturing over to Adelaide.

"Adelaide could find them-" She points out but Jace cuts her off.

"That's not destroying them though." He retorts making them all think like he was. The mortal instruments shouldn't be so easy to destroy.

"And why didn't it destroy the sword." Alec adds as, she had made the same rune on the sword and yet it hadnt disappeared. Adelaide was just staring down at her hands, biting the inside of her cheek.

"What if the mirror I destroyed isn't the mortal mirror?" Clary questions as she glanced at them.

"Then why did you mother give it to the warlocks to protect?" Jace asks as he didn't understand why Jocelyn would want something fake protected.

"Maybe she thought it was. We all did. Maybe whoever made it wanted that way." Clary tells them as it was a logical explanation, if they didn't have the real mirror, it was why it broke so easily.

"To distract people from finding the real one." Isabelle says with a scoff, raising her eyebrows as it was a genius move.

"Well, the legend says that the mirror's meant to not be easily found. That the angels hold the key." Jace explains to them as he crosses his arms against his chest.