(27) 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS SITTING ON THE BED, her eyes were staring at the painting on the wall as she just thought about her relationship with Nick. It wasn't something that anyone knew, expect for Raphael. And the only reason that he knew was because he saw the injuries he left on her. Well, the physical one at least. It would've been obvious to anyone else if she hadn't taken a week off before going back to the New York institute.

Nick and her had met when she was on assignment in Los Angeles. At first, he was what every girl wanted. He was sweet, charming, handsome and a great shadowhunter. But that was all an act to just get someone into his grasp. And once he had you, he didn't like letting you go.

Adelaide was usually one that people were scared of but with Nick, he was the one that made her terrified for the first time since Valentine when she was younger. He didn't just inflict physical violence on her, he made her feel unsafe, like if one word came out of her mouth, he would end her. He would coax her into believing that if she left him, she would never find happiness. That he was it for her. The way he would hurt her but then act like he did nothing wrong, like she was the one who was causing all the pain. He would act like the hero, making her feel wanted and loved after he made her feel hurt and anguish.

It started with him snapping when he had seen her talking to another shadowhunter. Then it turned into a slap... Choking.. until he was beating the crap out of her if she even just made one wrong move. Even if she didn't do what he said she did. He just wanted to control her. To make her feel like she would never be safe. To make her feel like she was truly alone. To own her.

"It was such a long day." Alec's voice cuts through her thoughts as he groans, walking into the bedroom.  "I never thought being the head of the institute would come with so many headaches." He sighs as he puts his things on the dresser before turning to her. "But at least we have the meeting with the leaders now, even though Luke tried to kill Valentine." Luke had decided to take things into his own hands and try to take out Valentine but they had figured it out before it could happen. "Adelaide?" Alec asks and she finally meets his gaze, furrowing her eyebrows.

"What?" She sees he is now sitting on the bed, looking at her curiously.

"Are you okay?" Alec asks as he watches her closely.

"I'm fine." Adelaide assures him with a tight smile as she moves over to him, straddling his waist. He raises his eyebrows, his hands gripping her waist as she leans into kiss him. Their lips meet heatedly as Adelaide wraps her arms around his neck. Alec moans against her lips, furrowing his eyebrows a little bit. Adelaide grinds against him as she moves her lips to his jaw, harshly kissing at the skin. "Maybe you need a distraction from all these headaches, hm?" She taunts as she kisses down his neck. Alec bites his bottom lip as he chuckled lightly.