Chapter 17

After you got back, both Ran and Rindou looked over the bandaged stab wound to see if it was on right. You reassure them that its fine, a doctor took care of it. They told you they wanted to beat up everyone at the fight because you got hurt but had to restraint themselves because you most likely wanted to do whatever you did yourself. "You're right. I haven't and probably won't ever forgive them but I don't want them to die." You believed in karma, so if you wished for someone to die, you're afraid something will happen to Ran, Rindou and Takado. You were pulled out of your thoughts when a sharp pain shot through your arm. You see Rindou poking the bandage.
"What the fuck! Ow!" Ran just smacked him.

"She's in pain bro. Leave her arm alone." Ran said and guided you to the couch.

"I know I'm changing the topic, but winter is coming and we'll freeze to death if we don't do something." You told them as you looked at the broken walls and windows.

"We'll just get an apartment then." Ran said with his lazy grin.

"With what money? You both spent a lot of it on my clothes last time." You questioned them, not knowing how they're going to get the money. Ran patted your head,

"Don't worry. Leave that part to us."

~A week later~

There you are, standing in front of a decent apartment complex. "How-how did you afford this?" You asked them.

"I got my ways." Ran said no more than that. All three of you walked to your door and went inside. You were amazed, although it was a single bedroom apartment, there was enough space for all of you. You looked around more and see that there was a balcony, you headed for the balcony when you slammed your head against the glass door.

"Pfft!" Both Ran and Rindou began to laugh at what they just saw. You just stood there not moving, not from the pain but embarrassment. Your face went red and you felt a hand on your shoulder, it was Ran.

"It's-its okay. Pfft..." he tried his best to comfort you as he contain his laughter. Rindou on the other hand was dying from your crash.

I can't believe I did that.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Ran asked, calming down but still slightly laughing.

"I'm fine! I have a thick skull so it didn't hurt.. just embarrassed." You grumbled the last part.

"Well I hope this thick skull of yours protects you from any walls and doors." Ran said as he tapped your forehead. You huffed and turned back around to the balcony. You had to stop yourself because you almost ran into the door again. After a while, you started feeling hungry walked to the fridge and saw nothing. Hearing footsteps you turned to the brothers,

"We need food!" Being hungry makes your grumpy, you needed to eat.

"Let's go grocery shopping." Rindou said grabbing the key and all three of you left the empty apartment. At the store you and Ran are looking for food ingredients because Rindou made it very clear he cannot cook to save his life. You were worried about the amount of items you have in the cart but Ran reassured you there's plenty of money.

"It's been a while, I wonder where Rin went?" You told Ran.

"He probably went to look for snacks." He said as he compared two of the same items but different brands, paying very close attention to the ingredients. Heh, wow. House husband material.

"I'm back!" Rindou said as he dropped a lot of snacks into the cart. Your mouth went wide open. On one half of the cart was your grocery stacked up to the top, the other was Rindou's snacks he just dropped, also stacked up high.

"Yeah um,...we can't fit anymore into this cart." You said still kind of shocked.

"I'll go get another one!" Rin said but you hung onto his arm, stopping him.

"Oh no you don't!" You pointed at the cart. "We still gotta carry them back home." You puffed, crossing your arms.

"She's right Rin. Besides we're not stopping here."

"Eh, why not?" Rindou questioned.

"We still need beds, we're not gonna sleep on the floor or use the old mattresses from the hideout." Ran pushed the cart to Rindou, wanting him to push it. "Let's go pay." After paying you all walked back to the apartment, each of you carrying three full bags.

"Just put all the dairy and meat into the fridge or else they'll rot. We can put the others away later." You ordered them, not wanting to be late to get a mattress. Y'all made your way and got spooked when Ran purchased a king size mattress with no delivery. "How the hell are we going to get that home!?"

"Come down sis, I called for reinforcements." Rin said pointing to the window of the store. There you see some delinquents gathering outside. Ran walks out and you see him ordering them to carry the mattress. You feel kind of bad for them being called for to carry a mattress. The store manager had a frightened look and you had to reassure him they were just going to carry out the mattress for them. As you all walked to back, Ran and Rindou walked beside you.

"You see this sis?" Rin said pointing to the guys carrying the mattress. "This is what it means to be a Haitani."

"For those who don't know, this is our sister (y/n). Make sure to have that memorized." Ran told them.

"Yes sir!" Once inside the apartment you thank them for bringing the mattress although your brothers told you it was unnecessary.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?" You told the group. They all looked at you with surprised expressions.

"Hey sis, you don't gotta do all that." Rin said looking quite shock. You punched his arm.

"I still have my manners and morals. I don't feel right just calling them out and have them carry a mattress and then leave." You turned back to the group. "Stay." You ordered them and went to the kitchen. Since it was getting kind of cold you decided to make Nabe. Everyone else was using boxes to makeshift a table and were stiff as they sat down with the Haitani brothers. You brought their filled bowls since it would be unwise to bring the whole hotpot on top of cardboard boxes. The only ones talking back were you and your brothers while the others ate in silence, but judging by their expressions they like the food. They thanked you for the food and left as you waved them goodbye.

"Whatever shall we do Rin?" You hear Ran say sarcastically.

"What do you mean bro?" Rin said in the same tone.

"Our dear sister is so generous, what if she gets taken advantage of by bad men?" They started to annoy you.

"Are you done?" You turned to them crossing your arms and leaning on the door frame. They just laughed and said,

"Yeah, we are." You went back in and washed the dishes. As you washed, you asked them to prepare the bed. Ran had asked for a large mattress so you could all sleep on it instead of three separate ones that will take up the whole space. You dried your hands and went to check on them because they were being so quiet and found them asleep.

"Aww. How cute. " You said to yourself as you went to the bathroom to change into a shirt and shorts and crawled in between Ran and Rindou and fell asleep.

 " You said to yourself as you went to the bathroom to change into a shirt and shorts and crawled in between Ran and Rindou and fell asleep

~I'm gonna reread the manga to see how the storyline continues. I know the bigger events but I can't remember the small details~