Chapter 23

*More Manga spoilers!

"Ahhhh!!" Hakkai took out a knife and ran towards Taiju.

"HAKKAI STOP!" Yelled Takemichi. You watched as Hakkai was stopped by Taiju, his throat being held tightly and knife fallen onto the floor.

"All you really do is act tough. Got my hopes up a little that you'd actually try and kill me. If you're serious then don't yell. Sneak up and stab me from behind." Taiju continues to hold Hakkai's neck, putting him in a dangerous position.

"STOP IT!" Taiju turns to look at Takemichi with an incredibly angry and annoying look.

"Hanagaki Takemichi. This is the second time you've stuck your nose in the Shiba Family's business!" He drops Hakkai and is soon towering over Takemichi and punches him, throwing him a good distance further into the church. "I only punched you with 30% of my power before! "But since this is the second time, I used 50%!!! Hurts like fuck, don't it!?"

Takemichi just lays on the floor, completely scared of Taiju.

Taiju is gonna kill him! Even if I do go down there, what can I do?

"Hey sis." Rindou calls out to you in a bored tone. "Has this Hakkai ever done anything to you when you were part of Toman?"

"Actually no. Whenever I got near him he would go stiff as a statue." Thinking back to those days, you realize Hakkai just stayed away from you. "I was told to stay away from him whenever we were in a fight with other gangs, I don't know why though." You sighed. "Not like they would've told me if I asked." You turn your attention back to Taiju who's walking up to Takemichi.

"What's wrong, Hakkai? You're not gonna save him?!" He turns his head to the side, looking at Hakkai. "If you don't, he's gonna die!" Then he lifts Takemichi by his neck, Takemichi struggling. "Hanagaki Takemichi!! Do you know why Hakkai wants to kill me?!" He loosens his grip to allow him to talk.

"B-because you..Because you've been abusing Yuzuha!!" He yells. Takemichi's response causes Taiju to laugh out loud and turns to his brother.

"You hear that, Hakkai? Why don't I reveal your secret?" He then looks back to Takemichi. " he's not the sort of person you think he is." He gives him an evil grin. "He's."

"STOP IT!!" Hakkai shouts then you see a girl in a school uniform fast walked her way up to Taiju.

"Yuzuha?!" Takemichi calls her name, Then she stabs Taiju from behind with a knife. He immediately punched her away from him. He turns back to see the knife stuck in his back and looks to Yuzuha.

"Yuzuha, you bitch! You really fucked up this time!!" He grabs one of the seats of the church and lunges it at her, crashing down near Yuzuha.

"This is a scary guy." You said in a low voice, Afraid Taiju might hear you and set his sights on you. With a terrified look Hakkai speaks.

"Why...why are you here?" She stood up,

"I came here to save you. I'm gonna end all this!" She said determinedly.

"But why? Why'd you come here?" He asked. Then he quickly turns his head to Takemichi. "You bastard! You told Yuzuha, didn't you?!"

"Oooh~ he's weak and a snitch." Ran said as he chuckled. Takemichi gave Hakkai a dumbfound look.

"I..I didn't!"

"You're wrong." Yuzuha interrupts him. "Hanagaki didn't tell me anything. Kisaki Tetta told me everything." Your eyes widen a bit at the mention of his name.

Tch! Kisaki, what are you planning now?

You also see Takemichi frighten face when she mentioned Kisaki.

"Fuck!" Taiju takes off his coat to see his wound. "You fucked up Yuzuha!" Now with his upper body completely bare, you see how muscular he is. Making him appear that much more deadlier. "Thanks to this kid yelling when he saw you, I had a split second to move."

"That's true, she almost hit a vital spot. Could've killed him.." Rindou pitched in his comment.

"How sad. Hakkai. Yuzuha. You tried to kill your blood related brother." His eye twitched, an angry vain appeared on his face. "Your own family, who whittled down his flesh and bones for you!!!"

"Like hell blood matters. Blood doesn't define family." You wanted to yell but just tighten your hold on the railing. Ran saw you shaking a bit and rustled your hair, calming you down. Rin lightly kicked your leg, turning to him he said,

"You have us now." Then looked back down. Just those simple words warmed you up inside.

"Like hell. You did it all yourself. You didn't give a damb about us. You used words like "family" so you could manipulate us. You're a demon!" Pissed off, Taiju threw a punch at his little sister which sent her flying.

"How could you?! She's your little sister!" Takemichi yelled.

"O lord, why do you always put me through ordeals such as this? Why must I murder my own beloved little sister?" A tear falls out of his eye.

"Yuzuha, I'm going to kill you." Wiping blood away, Yuzuha gets up and charges at Taiju. As before, she gets sent flying with a punch from Taiju. "I'll beat you to death, nice and slow." Takemichi gets up and quickly gets in Taiju's way.

"Calm down Taiju!" He said holding both arms out to block him.

"Move shit stain."

"You say you care deeply about your family, but in the end you're the one who's tearing your family apart!"

"Don't! He'll kill you!" Hakkai yells to Takemichi.

"Hakkai! This involves you too!!" He turns to him. " what are you so scared of?!" Hakkai is silenced by Takemichi's words. "Your sister's about to get murdered! You're gonna protect Yuzuha, aren't you?!" Then a fist is slammed into Takemichi's face.

"They're the ones who tried to kill me..." Taiju picks up another seat and throws it at Takemichi. "In the first place!" It had barely missed him.

"Why does a sibling fight have to escalate to killing each other?! It doesn't make sense!"

"Hanagaki.." Yuzuha says as she struggles to stand. "This..is the path we siblings chose." Takemichi looks at her as if he just figured out what to do.

"Hakkai." Takemichi takes a deep breath. "I've got to..Beat down Taiju!"

"Takemichy...there's no way you can.." Hakkai said very worried. "You don't know how deadly he is!!"

Yuzuha picks up the knife. "Don't get in my way Hanagaki. I'll protect Hakkai." She began to wheeze. "I...I'll..protect him." Suddenly her knife is grabbed by the blade.

"This isn't something you use to protect others." Your eyes twitch a bit seeing who it was.

"Mitsuya!?" Takemichi said very confused.

"Let go Yuzuha. You're cutting my hand." He said with a smile.

"Tch. Bastard." You said almost wanting to spit at him.

"Mitsuya..why are you here?" She said before falling but Mitsuya caught her.

"Takemichy. Watch Yuzuha for me." He passed Yuzuha to Takemichi and got her out of the way. "Okay then. It's you and me now, motherfucker."

"Ah? Are you for real? What happened to the truce? Don't tell me you're a scum sucking shit who breaks his own promises?"

Shut up."

"Ran." He glances at you. "Did Koko tell you what the truce was?"

"Fucker tried charging me 100,000 yen for that info, so no." Damn... 100,000 yen is a bit much.

You looked back down.

"I'm gonna tell you something more important and obvious than that." He gave Taiju his best angry expression. "Never hit your little sister. No matter how badly she misbehaves, forgive her with a smile. THAT'S WHAT BEING A BIG BROTHER'S ALL ABOUT, YOU ASSHOLE!"