Chapter 36

"....ma!"

"Mma!"

"Emma!"

Golden eyes jolt wide open. "Huh!"

"Emma!" Two voices are heard and Emma turned her head to see Mikey and Draken. They both embrace her with a hug.

"Ngh.." Emma cries as too many emotions overwhelm her and hugs her two love ones. After letting go, she attempts to sit up but finds it kind of hard to do.

"Emma don't push yourself." Draken tells her.

"Emma." She turns to her brother.

"Mikey, I can't feel my legs." Her voice trembles. He holds her hand with his as he looks her in the eyes.

"Emma... You're paralyzed from the waist down." Emma released more tears after hearing the news. Mikey goes to her and hugs her. "You're alive Emma. Please think about that." He tells her. She nods against him and slowly calms down. Feeling her calm, Mikey releases her.

"Emma." Draken calls out to her. "There's something I want to tell you." He glances at Mikey and he takes that as a hint to leave them alone.

"I'll be right back with drinks." Mikey walks out the door.

Now with him and Emma alone in the room, he starts to feel nervous. "Uh.. I wanted to tell you this a lot later, but considering what happened, There's no knowing what the future holds." He shyly intertwine his fingers with Emma, earning a blush from her. "I love you. I have for a while." Emma's eyes sparkle from hearing Draken's confession. "I didn't want to confess while I was still in a gang, but I don't want to waste another second not being yours!"

"Ken." Emma calls him, crying of happiness. "I love you too." Both Emma and Draken hug as they cry together. He rest his forehead against hers and stares into her eyes. And slowly, both close the distance to each other and kiss.

"Am I interrupting?" A voice is heard by the door and both pull apart quickly.

"Hello Emma, I'm Dr.Kyogoku."

"He-hello Doctor." Her face was red knowing he had seen them kiss.

"Have you been told about your condition?" She nods yes. "That's good, and I'm sorry for what happened to you. But it was a miracle that you and (Y/n) survived."

"(Y/n) is alive?!" She covers her mouth with her hands as she cries. "How is she?!"

"As I said, it was a miracle and very unlikely that you both would have survived but pulled through. For (Y/n), she only suffered a fractured skull, which is unbelievable if you consider what happened."

"That's good. She tried to protect me, so I'm grateful to her." Emma sighs with relief. "Is she awake?"

"Last time I was informed, not yet." Then a knock was heard on the door before it opened revealing Dr.Takado.

"Oh hey Dr.Kyogoku, just came by to check up on her."

"She's well. Have you checked on (Y/n)?"

"Not yet, I stopped by here before heading there." Takado looked at Emma and Draken, seeing them fine. "I'll let you know once (y/n) wakes up." He smiles at her.

"Thank you Doctor." He walks out the door, standing outside of the room, he hears Dr.Kyogoku saying he's waiting for her brother to come back to give her further news.

"Probably about their grandfather..."

"Dr.Takado?" Mikey calls him, carrying 3 drinks.

"Hey you should head inside, Emma will need you. Dr.Kyogoku is going to tell her about your grandfather." His eyes widen and he quickly enters the room.