Chapter 38

I sat there and listened silently as Draken tells his side of everything. I listened to Mitsuya's, Baji's side from Chifuyu and the same from Pey Yan. When they all finished you sat there silently as they all wait for you to say something. You of course remember the events that they spoke of. You're ashamed of how you reacted, but being so young you didn't know how else to react.

"The reason why I reacted like that..." You grip the sheets of the bed as you recall. "When I was younger, my brothers and father were actively physically abusing me." This earned some gasps from the those who didn't know about your previous home life. "I wore those long sleeves shirts because they covered my bruises. So when you grabbed me that day, pain jolted through me and I reacted the way I did."

Draken stares at you horrified and bows down again. "I'm sorry, (Y/n)! I didn't mean to hurt you, I didn-

"It's alright, you didn't know and I didn't tell anyone about them." You reassured him. "Mitsuya, when you attempted to roll up my sleeves.." you glanced down. "I tried to hide the bruises. The same for Pah, he patted me on the back and I reacted from the pain."

"Then for Baji..." Chifuyu trailed off. You nodded at him.

"Yeah, he wanted to put my hair into a ponytail but I didn't let him cuz he would've seen the scars." Guilt is written across their faces. "I know all this could've been avoided, but....I was just so afraid of being separated from my family. I believed one day they would love me, so I never told anyone. It's stupid, I know."

"No, it's not. We were and you were young. We still are, so we are going to do our best to make it up to you." Draken says, standing up straight and looking at you in your eyes.

"We kept on hurting you years later and there's no excuse, so please don't refuse us." Chifuyu pleads to you.

"Heh. Even if I refused, you all would keep on trying to make it right." They all nod. "Fine then. Can't wait!" You smiled at them. A real genuine smile to the once former members of Toman.

Takemichi was also smiling with a few tears glands spilling out. "Huh?" He noticed Smiley and Angry haven't said their side yet. "Uh.. not to bring down the mood, but Smiley and Angry didn't say their side." He nervously scratches his head.

"We didn't cause (Y/n) any harm.... physically." Smiley says in that teasing tone of his.

"Not physically, mentally perhaps." Angry interjects. "We pulled many pranks on her, which left her paranoid whenever she saw us." He finish his explanation and bows to (Y/n) once again. "Sorry, (Y/n). It wasn't physical but we did cause some mental harm." He saw that Smiley wasn't bowing and pull down his head in a bow stance.

"It's fine. It made me more self aware of my surroundings and managed to avoid some of your pranks."

Then slowly, the rest of the former members enter your room a few at a time to apologize to you. When they were all done, they left you alone to rest.

"Finally, some peace and quiet." You relaxed into the bed. You had your eyes close when you hear the door open. "There shouldn't be anyone left that needs to apologize." You kept them close, not bothering to open them.

"There's me." You recognize that voice.

"Haru!" You sat up and smiled. He walked over to you. You scooted a bit to let him sit beside you so you could rest your head on his shoulder and his on your head.

"Sorry." He says. "I couldn't do anything for you because I was weak." He held your hand as he kept talking. "Just as you were going through something, so was I with my brother and sister. Then Mikey put Mucho in charge of me and I just..." you squeezed his hand a bit to encourage him to keep going. "I got distracted. I know that sounds awful and pathetic, but He felt like an actual brother to me."

"Don't worry. When I met Ran and Rin, I forgot about others that cared for me. I forgot about Emma, her grandfather and Takado until I met them unexpectedly." You brought his hand to your lips and kiss his knuckles. "I met Takado after I got stabbed, Emma when we got hit by the bat.... and Grandpa Sano after he passed." You went quiet after that. Wanting to change the mood, Haru looked for a change of topic.

"Did you know, we had our first kiss in this hospital?" You snapped your head up.

"Wait, you mentioned this before. After you kissed me after Christmas, you said that was our 2nd kiss." He looked amused. "How long ago was it, cuz I don't think I remember."

"It was after..." Haru raised a hand to his scars. "I was taken here afterwards and you stayed beside me. We were sitting beside each other like we are right now. You grabbed both cheeks and pressed a kiss to my lips, saying it will lesson the pain." You started blushing. You initiated the kiss! "I already had a crush on you before, but after that kiss, I fell in love."

"Okay! You can stop now!" You covered your cheeks with your hands from embarrassment.

"I attempted to flirt with you however my young self could think of, but I don't think you understood what I was trying to express." He laughs at himself. He hugs you from behind, bringing you to rest on his chest. "I have you now, so let's enjoy our time together." Feeling him breathe, you started to lose yourself to sleep.

"Goodnight, my love." Haru also closed his eyes and fell asleep.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Takado enters (Y/n)'s room to tell her some good news but sees Her and her boyfriend all snuggle up together, sleeping.

"Just keep sleeping for now while you can, Haruchiyo." He breaks the clipboard in his hands in two. "When you wake Up, you'll have to work hard to be my son-in-law."